Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, March 27, 2009

Dinner Adventures

My children love dinner. And, while we certainly have our own issues, dinnertime is typically pretty fun family time.

Their current favorite meal is barbequed chicken. Yes, my children are carnivores. They like meat. I LOVE that they like meat. And, meat distracts them well enough so that they don't notice the camera in Mommy's hand.





Why are we taking pictures at the table, Mom?


Their faces just scream, "mmm".


I'm not sure what Madi's face says in this picture, other than "I love chicken".

During this dinner, Violet got a bowl of rice. I know, nothing compared to chicken, but the girl only has 5 teeth! But, she was very offended that the big sisters got interesting looking finger food and she didn't. So, we decided to give it a whirl. After all, it wouldn't be the first time I had to retrieve something from the back of a child's throat!

This is Violet saying, "Hmm, Mom, what is this? It tastes pretty good..."


"I actually really like this Mom. TOUCH MY CHICKEN AND DIE!"



I didn't think she had enough teeth for the job, but Violet, true to her personality, figured out a way and demolished the entire chicken leg. And, just to make her buddy Benjie proud, tried to eat the bone as well. Then screamed at Mommy when the evil dictator of dinner had to take away the picked-over bone before she choked on it. Again, only our family...



2 comments:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

LOVE THIS! You all look like your eating at Renaissance Festival. Big drumsticks in your hands.. lots of BBQ sauce. I'm drooling. I LOVE Madi's face and while she ponders her chicken leg. Your girls are amazing and wonderful. These chicks rock! :) Your a great Mommy!

Megan said...

Ha Ha Benjie would be proud :)