Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Dear and Deer

KMama is giving away a copy of Alternative ABCs on her blog today.  Go check it out and enter to win the "alternative ABC book for hipster, urban moms and their cool little youngsters". 




Katrina is getting old enough to really enjoy arts and crafts.  She loves making bead jewelry, drawing, and creating collages.  And since I am quickly running out of room in our home to store her artwork, I thought we would do a little feature of my budding artist.  Below is a letter she wrote me for Mother's Day:


It says:
"Love Katrina
Dear Mommy, I like you
very much.  I like your
earrings.  I like the way you
smile.  I love the way you
wear your necklaces.  I
love all your things.  I love
you so so so so so so so
so so so so so so so so
so so so so much.  I like
you both so much.
Happy Mother's Day.
I love you.


Personally, I love her backwards letter As.  She tried to convince me that she had to write her As like that, since she was a lefty.  Yeah, that excuse didn't fly.


And here is a picture of a deer in our backyard, with a red robin and a squirrel in a tree.



And a self-portrait, complete with heels.

This picture she actually did at school for Christmas.



And here is her collage self-portrait.


I enjoyed her tongue the best.  And that is either trees or broccoli in the background.  I'm not sure which.


I love my big kid.  Even when I have to buy more art supplies every week to keep her entertained.

6 comments:

Beth Zimmerman said...

Just precious!

Kristin said...

I LOVE the red heels-a niece after my own heart :) can't wait to 'till she's old enough to wear them and I get to take her shoe shopping!!

McCrakensx4 said...

Those are great keepsakes! And that letter is the sweetest! I love the letters that my boys have written me!

Miss. Jinny said...

I love her so much! :) She is getting so big please give her a hug and a kiss for me :) Love you all! :) Let her know if she ever wants to make Miss. Jinny a picture I would love to hang it up in my office! :)

Jan said...

Yeah, I'm lovin' the red high heels too. And the different colored painted fingernails!

Kmama said...

Aww! She's a sweetie, isn't she? Or is she just trying to butter you up and persuade you to give her all your jewelry? LOL Too cute.