
To our new neighbors,
Our relationship is officially over. You knowingly moved next door to three small children with two vicious dogs. Your dogs entered our property, without welcome, on the very day you moved in. They seemed friendly enough, but when I brought them back you didn't seem in the least concerned that your potentially dangerous dogs were roaming free.
The events of the last 24 hours have been horrific for our family. Have you ever come home to find that the sweet dog you were dog-sitting, the dog with absolutely no enemies in the world, had been attacked? I doubt it. I think the more appropriate question is how many other animals have your dogs killed? Because our friends sweet Ranger is now dead. Because of your negligence. You have stolen years of memories from six young children who loved this dog. Right now, I want nothing to do with you.
Waiting for court next Wednesday
------------------------------------------------------------------------
To our neighbors,
I still don't know how you did it. It was only God that both of you were outside during the attack and recognized what was happening. You thought nothing of your own safety, but instead rushed in to try to save a sweet dog. A 75 year old grandpa with a cane and a 45 year old daycare owner with a rake. And, somehow, you succeeded. You kept Ranger safe until the Animal Control officers were able to respond. You are my heros.
Love,
Baking cheesecakes this weekend in gratitude
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet Jaime, Kim, & Dr. Goddard,
You have earned my respect as Animal Control employees. Your first concern was for Ranger, and the safety of our family. You made sure the dogs were removed so that our children could be safe. You cried with us when Ranger died - it is obvious your love for animals runs deep. I know you will do everything in your power to make sure those dogs never return.
Gratefuly,
Proud of our officers
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sweet Ranger,
It is so quiet tonight at our house. There are three little girls who dearly miss you, who cried in my arms. You were not technically their dog, but you might as well have been. We loved you like our own. Last night we could hardly sleep, any of us. It just seemed so different without you there. This morning we were so sure you were going to be OK, that you would be home with us tonight.
Instead, I had to come home alone and explain to three little girls that you were gone. I picked up your toys, your bowl, your bones. I don't have the heart to fill in the holes you dug in my flowers. When you dug them, I was frustrated with you. Now, I just wish you could be here to dig more. I would let you tear apart my entire yard if I could. I would give anything to have you back.
I am so sorry, sweet boy. I should have taken you with us last night. You would have loved the river, the kids. But I had a migraine, and didn't want to deal with another kid to keep control over. I was so selfish. I could have protected you from those evil beasts. Maybe you would still be here if I had.
I am so sorry we weren't here. I cannot imagine how scared you were. You have never had an enemy - the world was your friend. You didn't even snap at the officer who carried you to her truck and took you to the hospital. You tried to look up and see me when I came to see you this morning. If I would have known your poor body was going to give out, I wouldn't have left. I would have stayed with you. I didn't want you to die without anyone who loved you.
You were one of Gods sweetest creatures. Obnoxious, attention-deprived, crazy, yes. But sweet. I have no doubt that, had my children been home, you would have given your life to protect my family. I love you, sweet boy. I will never forget you.
Love,
Missing you





20 comments:
Tiffany.
I don't even have words.
I am sitting here bawling and totally choked up and feeling absolutely horrified for you.
The only thing I can think back to is THANK YOU JESUS that your children were not hurt.
Not even kidding, I am wiping tears. Loved the posts about Ranger and have a special affinity for sweet labs.
(I shared before that my sister was attacked in the face by a dog - unsafe dogs should NEVER be tolerated... and I hate, hate, HATE that Ranger had to suffer for this).
I am praying for you. I simply cannot imagine coming home to that. I am so sorry my friend.
wow....just WOW.
really sorry for what happened to Ranger, but so thankful that none of your kids were there to witness or be involved...
Tiff-
I am so sorry! (Tears are rolling down my face right now). I am glad your kids are ok and I hope that going to court will get some justice for Ranger. The silent friendship that comes from a dog is something that is can't be replaced.
Love you and I'm praying for all the kiddos (and adults) that ranger touched.
Jess
I am so sorry! That is something you and your family shouldn't have to go through. Hang in there and fight when you need to.
Terrible...Very sorry for your loss.
I have blogged on the topic of dangerous dogs before
(http://www.switch2planb.com/2009/05/does-your-dog-bite.html). There is a pit bull in our neighborhood that can easily jump his fence and roam the street--and often does. We're very concerned.
Again, very sorry...
oh no!! I am so sorry friend
{{HUGS}}
Literally sitting here with tears streaming down my face. Thanks for the sweet tribute to my crazy dog. I'm so thankful for friends like you guys who loved my dog like he was yours. Thank you for everything you have done for us and for him. I'm so sorry this happened! Love you!
OH Tiffany that is just AWFUL...so sad and seriously preventable. It is tragic to lose a pet, espeically in such a horrific way...here's hoping you and your family get through this. ((hugs))
Awww Tiff ... *hugs* ... so sorry.
Oh my goodness, this is absolutely heart-wrenching. I am so sorry this has happened and I hope some kind of justice comes from the court hearing. Please keep us updated. My heart is breaking for you. I hope you can stop blaming yourself. It certainly is NOT your fault for not taking him to the river with you. With little ones to keep track of in the water, they needed your full attention. To have to give the dog atttention your kiddos needed could have resulted in trajedy too.
Thanks for linking up, I'm sorry it was under such sad terms.
OH tiffany!
I am so sorry! Praying for you and your precious family today!
Oh my gosh, Tiff, I'm so sorry to hear about your guys' loss....I have tears welling up just reading your letter.
It just makes me shudder thinking what could have happened had the kiddos been around....ugh!! I hope that those dogs are put down so that there is NO CHANCE of this ever happening again. We all know what power a pissed off mama has!
Love you guys, so glad the girls are all right.
I am teary eyed right now as I read this. How terrible that this has happened - and the unnecessary manner in which it happened. I'm sorry for this loss - our pets are just as much a part of our family as our kids. My almost 12 year old puppy left us on May 14. Hardest day of my life.
I am so sorry and thinking of you and your family right now.
"My dog...the little heartbeat at my feet."
How horrifying! Not only horrifying, but also disgusting! Your neighbors are just the worst. I am so sorry for you and your sweet family. You will be in my prayers. Loss is tough, even when it is an animal. They mean just as much as people! I hope justice is served to your neighbors! I hope that with time you are able to take the blame off of your heart. It really isn't your fault at all. So very glad that your little ones were not the victim in this horrible story!
I am so sad! and mad! and SO sorry!
Tiffany! Ohmygoodness! I have tears in my eyes. I'm so very, very sorry this happend to Ranger. I'm just shocked... and disgusted by the owners of those dogs. :(
This is awful...I am so sorry for you guys and your pup. So glad the girls didn't see the attack. Hang in there. Hugs, Kati
Oh Tiff,
I don't even have the words to say how very sorry I am. This is so tragic. I am so thankful that no little kids were there to see it of be in harms way. Thank you Jesus for that. I hope your neighbors never get those dogs back. Missing you:)
Sommer
Tiffany,
I love you so much. You are such a wonderful woman who cares so much. What happened was a tragic freak accident. I am praying for all of you guys today. Praying that God heals you guys emotionally. I love you. I am blown away at the love you pour out onto others. I'm praying you find Toby and I know God is keeping Ranger sweetly in his arms. I don't care what people thing about animals and heaven. I believe one day I will be reunited with those that I loved in my life in heaven... and that includes many animals who stole my heart. God bless you girfriend. Can't wait to see you tomorrow. Lv, jen
Tiffany,
You have one of the biggest hearts in the world. I looked at you today in the park, and just marveled at the beautiful woman of God that you are. I'm so sorry this happened. You are a wonderful caretaker, and treated that dog like it was one of the Palmer's kids. Your devotion to your friends is heart warming, encouraging, and challenges me every day to love people better. Love you lady.
Sarah
Post a Comment