Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

True Story Tuesday - Things I Never Thought I Would Do




I am beating my head against my desk.  I have nothing.  No ideas.  I have been running around like a chicken with its head cut off the past two weeks, trying to just keep enough clean underwear in the house amidst the chaos that is our life right now.  I have a bazillion update/fun times posts started, but nothing TST-worthy.  I have a ton of thought-provoking, insightful writing-type posts developing themselves in my brain, but no TST. 


So, today, to spare you & me another embarrassing story from my childhood, I will attempt something different.  Because, if you've known me for, say, 5 minutes, you know I have opinions.  Strong opinions.  Opinions about things that may not necessarily make sense to other people.  But there is logic, in my mind.  And it never fails.  Those things I am adamant about, that I will NEVER do, are just those things I end up doing.  So, here you go!


Things I Swore I Would Never Do:
  • buy Jerome plaid shorts ( I still despise plaid, just for the record).
  • get on Fac*book
  • write my own blog
  • marry anyone but a blond-haired, blue-eyed California surfer
  • work for my parents
  • drive a minivan
  • have a crackberry (yup, that one fell today & inspired this post)
  • say "Stop crying before I give you something to cry about!"
  • get married in a church
  • go to church
  • love a church
  • open up about my struggles to people I had never met in person (yeah, Rach, you totally busted that one)
  • drive around just looking at the countryside (help, I am turning into my mother!)
  • think pulling weeds is relaxing (again, turning into my mother!)
  • help the homeless people that panhandle outside our Wal-Mart (yeah, that may need to be the TST next week)
  • hang out with the "mommy" crowd
  • share poop stories while eating dinner
  • enjoy the techie toys (i.e. cameras, laptops, photo editing software, ipods, phones, etc).  My hubby is rubbing off on me!
  • have women as my best friends.

So, now that you've read all my dirty laundry, what's yours?  What did you swear you would NEVER do, that you now do?  C'mon, spill the beans!  You know you want to!

5 comments:

Kimberly Beach said...

Swore I'd never drive a mini-van. I did for awhile!

I sure love you and your family! I loved Vivi yelling, "Miss Kim, look at me!" today. And Miss Madison waving and waving. Miss Katrina, our young lady in waiting, was playing with her "big friends".

Thanks for sharing your life.

Beth Zimmerman said...

Aw Tiffany!
What a fun post! I may have to do one of these some time. In the meantime ... I swore I would never ...
do the snap, point and shoot. You know that move parents do to get a wayward child's instant compliance? My parents used it constantly. I never thought I would. :)
Loved your list, girlfriend!

Mr. Daddy said...

that is quite a list....

I still haven't caved on the minivan..

there are limits...LOL

Rachel said...

Ohmygosh... I totally want to sit down at your kitchen table and snort coffee out my nose as I re-read this and you tell me just exactly how you "haven't" done each of these :)

*sigh* - we need to catch up... I need your funny!

Thanks for linking up... I snickered and cracked up through the whole thing because half of them were ME! :)

Mike, Sarah, and Josh Dombrowski said...

My mom, anytime we would start to be down on ourselves about our appearances, would make us repeat after her, ALOUD, "I am fearfully and wonderfully made. How well I know it!"

I swore I would never do that.

Then God put me around young women who needed to be reminded, as I did, that they too were His marvelous masterpieces. I am turning into my mother- at least this time, that's ok!

Love you lady!
Sarah