Hi Everyone! My name is Harley. And I just knew you needed to see these pictures that Mommas cousin Heather took of us. I know Momma doesn't talk about me much here, but I am actually the most important member of this household. Why, you may ask?

Because I keep him in line!
That is my brother Toby. Yes, he is my big brother. And he picks on me.
Oh sure, I know how innocent he looks. Don't believe it for a minute. This boy is full of piss and vinegar. You've seen the scar on Moms shoulder, right? You haven't? Well, one night I was sleeping peacefully on her shoulder, when psycho boy decided to jump on me. I got startled, and accidentally put out my claws and hurt my momma. I was so ashamed I hid under the couch for two days.
Anyways, that incident doesn't even compare to the stunt he pulled this week. This sweet, innocent *snicker* decided to run away. The weather has gotten really warm and nice, and all the evil white stuff of doom has finally disappeared from the deck. We like to go outside and lounge in the sun while Mom works in the garden, or watch the girls play. But, we are always supposed to go back inside when they do. Because there is a really big scary highway in front of our house. I'm not quite sure what that is, but Momma doesn't like it, and I listen to her like the good girl I am.
Toby didnt. Yes, this sweet little boy ran away yesterday.
He got out sometime yesterday while the girls were playing, but Momma and Daddy didn't know until they got home from the softball game really late. Momma said she even thought she saw him in the field near the house, so they took turns driving around the neighborhood looking for him. I tried to help them call for him, but he was nowhere to be found. The girls were so upset. Katrina didn't want to go to bed until she knew he was ok, and poor little Madi was convinced he was going to get run over by a car (is that why Momma hates the highway?).
I spent all night comforting the girls. I was so mad that Toby would be so inconsiderate to our girls. He knows how much they love him.
This morning, the girls, Momma, and Daddy were still really upset. Momma and Daddy even prayed that God would bring Toby home. Then, while they were getting dressed, Katrina looked outside and saw him! She ran outside in her pajamas and when he refused to come in (see what a meanie head he is?), she just picked him up and came back in.
Then he sulked all day.
Because Momma didn't find the headless mouse he left for her until tonight.
Sometimes brothers can be such jerks.









5 comments:
Haha! Nice one Tiff. Made me laugh. Cats are super annoying in the spring/summer. They gotta go kill something. Obi's doing the same thing except we don't have a highway in front of our house. Glad he came back.
Hehe....loved this post! Glad your buddy is back safe and sound! I feel the same way about the street in front of our house.
awww...I miss my Harley-cat! Toby, too...but he won't ever snuggle with me like Harley does :)
Ah...so glad he came back...naughty boy!! Our cat did meet her fate on the highway. It was heartbreaking to all of us!! :(
Crazy Kitties. Glad he came back, you've got to warn him that the evil King Rattlesnake might get him. You know since they both like to eat mice.
Post a Comment