I love the traditions of Christmas. Yesterday, the girls and I spent all day making candy and cookies.
I quickly remembered why I haven't made rosettes in a while. Those things are a pain!
We had a little more luck with the popcorn balls.
Katrina made popcorn balls. Violet made popcorn lumps.
The peanut butter balls turned out fabulous, if I do say so myself.
And my dad is already excited about the rum balls.
The peppermint fudge tastes a heck of a lot better than it looks, I promise.
And I do think the girls first experience at making sugar cookies was a success.
At least Violet had a lot of fun.
A lot of fun.
My official taster had her job down pat.
Last night, we auditioned for most obnoxious bell ringers of the seasons.
I think we won.
Especially with our secret weapon.
Tonight we are headed to our Christmas Eve Service.
Afterwards, we will eat dinner with Jerome's parents and open gifts.
At bedtime, we will head out to my parents house to spend the night.
I am sure we will be up at the crack of dawn.
We will open stockings, then eat breakfast with my grandma.
She is 95.
And treasures Christmas morning with her great-granddaughters.
May you and yours be able to take the time to enjoy the day.
May you treasure the birth of the King.





10 comments:
Wow! You guys have been having too much fun!
Very Merry Christmas to all of you!!!
Wow! I thought I was reading a food blog, until I started giggling at y'all ringing the bell at The Mart. Why in the world couldn't y'all have been out there the million times I was there this week! Lol!
Wow. Looks like a lot of fun! Merry Christmas to you guys and God bless you!
Umm... the spoon in the pants is conspicuously missing. AHEM.
I adore that picture of Vi. Just the sheer delight in her eyes. What a good momma to make her feel so treasured like that!
All your food looks amazing. Though I'm staying away from the chocolate, thanks Jerome ;)
Merriest Christmas - may God richly bless you as you celebrate His gift to us!
Merry Christmas Tiffany. The cooking pictures are really cute. Don't think we'd be able to resist little girl bell ringers. Looks like they had fun. It's been fun getting to know you.
Doing the bell ringing with your family is an awesome thing to do.
That's the reason I never even attempted rosettes - I always let me MIL do it, but now she's 92, in assisted living with no ability to bake any more.
I know your day was special - onward to 2011 - how can it be??
It was a great few days last week. Now, we move to this week that will be great as well. Way to go capturing the insanity. I love you and look forward to more fun like this.
That sounds like you had a great time. You did tons of baking girl - my goodness! Popcorn lumps - haha!
Love the bell ringers!
Hope Christmas was amazing. What an honor to share it with your 95 year old grandma!
You have to share how to do the Sugar Cookies..my only experience with them..they were NASTY!! I think it was the box mix I used, so please do share!
Hope you had a wonderful Christmas, we were excited about the snow, we live in South Carolina so the few times we get snow it's usually mixed with rain and sleet and we have more of a mess than we have snow, nothing to play in just a slippery mess. This time we actually got snow, real snow without the rain or ice...it was beautiful and fun to play in!
Aww! I missed making candy with you this year more than you know!! I still made some. It wasn't nearly as fun though. Miss you my sister. May God bring many many blessings to you this year. Sommer
Post a Comment