Yeah, me too.
Someone has gotten to go twice in the last 6 months. He keeps claiming it's for business. But when I get emails with photos like this:
I start to get suspicious.
Somehow, I think "business trip" is man-speak for Guys Trip.
And to make it worse, he decided to send me photos of our family's apartment.
I miss this place.
And I really miss this view.
So, since I couldn't go in person, I thought I would give you the official tour, through the eyes of my husband and bro-in-love.
Here is the world's most random dining room, complete with priceless antiques and a plastic tablecloth.
I think we have found the new definition of shabby chic.
The portrait of Jerome's grandparents, Pepe and Meme, that hangs in the living room.
The recently remodeled kitchen...
...which looks incredible compared to what it used to be, right Jill?
Here we have the laundry room, with the world's weirdest washing machine and the dryer that takes 8 hours to dry 2 pairs of jeans.
And apparently Thug 1 and Thug 2 felt the need for a self-portrait before hitting the streets.
But not before taking a photo of my in-laws in all their 70s glory. How sexy are we?
I am sure they were going for the dignified look here, but all I can think is that they got caught midway through a rousing rendition of the French National Anthem.
I miss the sights, the sounds, the smells, the history. I miss wandering the markets near Notre Dame
And exploring new sections of the Louvre.
By the way, I have now been to the Louvre 3 times (please don't hate me), and I still haven't seen it all. And 10 extra-credit bloggy points to the first person who can tell me what recent book/movie made this pyramid famous.
I miss the tiny streets, with the even tinier shops.
I miss Montmartre, and all the artists.
I miss the Sacre-Coeur, and the rich church history associated with Paris.
And if you have never experienced a 7 story, full city block long department store, you have not really shopped.
I miss the excitement and buzz that comes with having millions of people in the same place.
I never thought anywhere but home could feel like home. But this place is a part of me, because he is a part of me. And my husband will always be my sweet, helpful husband
no matter where in the world he is.
But, if he doesn't take me next time, we are going to have words.





12 comments:
Um I was staring with my jaw dropped open at the kitchen! Gorgeous! I think we need to plan another trip...seriously one of the best ones of my life! But we'll have to bring Kristin of course!
And the movie would be the one with Tome Hanks....um....totally drawing a blank...it's on the tip of my tongue...seriously I need to look it up...oh yes...the Da Vinci Code. Can my 10 points (assuming I finally answered correctly) include a trip to France and coffee with my awesome friend Tiff? Or I'll take just the coffee with a promise of France in the future :)
I can't believe I put Tome Hanks. Of course I meant Tom Hanks. Stinkin fast typing fingers. I knew I shoulda read over my comment before pushing publish. That's what I get with 3 children talking to me at the same time!
Omgosh...what a grand tour. How lucky is your husband. That is so great. He took some wonderful pictures that I am sure brought back great memories for you.
Oh good golly - now I totally want to go with you!
I laughed out loud at the beautiful dining room with plastic tablecloth! hee hee
And that view - WHEW! Just gorgeous! I barely missed out on an Etsy cake stand with a sketch of that scene... *sigh*!
Thanks for sharing it with us vicariously!
Yes, if he doesn't take you (and me!) next time there will be Words! How dare he! LOL
Those pictures are so beautiful! Aren't you just a snazzy group with your culture and what not! hahaha!
I loved the pictures can I come too next time I have never been lol!!! :) Also I love Adams red scarf!! :) Those boys are so stinking funny!! :) Love you!!
Whoa! Yes, you will have to tag-along next time! Business trip! Sheesh!
That is just beautiful. I thought you were kidding at first when I read the "our apartment." How blessed are you! Yep, you should be going next time.
I have just fallen in love with a city I have never seen. Your pictures {or hubby's pictures, I suppose} were fantastic! One day I will get to experience that myself. ;-)
That looks like the washer/dryer out of the Barbie Dream House! LOL! You can really fit TWO pair of jeans in there?
Now, being all nosy and everything, what is this Paris connection with the fam? I am intrigued. And, how many times have you been to Paris? Sounds like tons. The pics are AMAZING!
If I don't get back by here before the holiday, I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas! :)
Thanks for this AWESOME tour. What wonderful memories you have. Love the apartment! Love the teeny weeny washer and dryer - so cute!
I've always wanted to visit - but sounds like it's more of a place to spend lots of time!
Though I'm glad you're here in Colorado - so coffee is a tad bit easier :o)
I can't believe I win!
The pyramid was most recently part of a conspiracy theory in the book/movie The DaVinci Code. (Starring Tom Hanks) But there are many other conspiracy theories about said pyramid than just the one that Dan Brown made up.
So...are bloggy points like box tops? Can I save them up to redeem cool prizes? How many do I need to borrow l'apartement sometime ;)
Post a Comment