The past 36 hours have brought almost a foot of snow to our little neck of the woods, with another 6-12 inches predicted for tonight. Snow is expected when you live in Colorado, but the first major storm always makes life, well, interesting. With that in mind...
I am thankful for the snow
because God knew we needed the moisture.
I am thankful for the snow
because it makes even the weird tree at work look cool.
I am thankful for the snow
because, even though Jerome's car is old, and well-loved, it is a rock star on the roadways.
I am thankful for the snow
because it makes you slow down, stay at home, and snuggle with your babies.
I am thankful for the snow
and for my dad and his gigantic, monster plow truck.
I am thankful for the snow
and the way it slides so easily off the metal roof, and for snow shovels to clear the walks. And for icicles.
I am thankful for the snow
that gives me a valid excuse to stay home for New Year's, instead of bundling up my children and dragging them downtown in negative degree temperatures after bedtime to watch our city drop a giant fake snowflake from the roof of a building (and pay $5 per person just to enter the warming tent. Seriously, people?!?!).
I am thankful for the snow, and the way it makes even a simple trip to the grocery store seem like an adventure (or an actual adventure, depending on how the other people are driving in the parking lot).
I am thankful for the snow, and the way it glistens like glitter in the glow of a porch light at night (have to be thankful for something when you've been shoveling for two hours).
I am thankful for the snow, and the ability to build snowmen and snow forts and snow angels with my girls tomorrow.
I am thankful for the snow blower Father Mike & his beautiful wife gave us before he passed away. I will remember him with gratitude every time I fire it up.
I am thankful for an extra day off tomorrow, so I can enjoy the snow.
Please remind me of this post in January when I am whining about the snow.






8 comments:
Good one. We sure did need it. A friend described it on Facebook just now as feeling like she's in a huge snow globe and somebody just shook it and put it down. The twins are loving it. When I came home from the gym this morning, three of the four were outside with Grandpa in the jammies and all the rest of the necessary equipment. They helped clean off the driveway with rakes and every kind of shovel. So cute. I'll have to post a couple of pictures.
I didn't make the dresses - I could have in my early, creative, ambitious days. The bride found them on the internet - they were gorgeous. Unfortunately, I cut off the tags because they were sticking up and I didn't think that would look good when they walked down the aisle. So now I don't know how to clean them!
That's a whole lot of snow. We're getting rain here and disolving into a muddy puddly mess. :) I am thankful it doesn't just pile all winter, but I miss the pretty white world.
Have fun making snowmen and angels with your girls tomorrow.
It certainly is a love/hate relationship isn't it? Somewhere in the change from December snow to January snow it loses its appeal.
Happy New Year to you and yours!! Snuggle well and stay warm and safe.
Cute! I like the weird tree at work comment.
So glad you're enjoying the snow!
We would love a dusting... being 14 degrees without any - well that's just plain cruel...
Enjoy your time with your family!
Ooh me too! I am thankful for snow too. I am just thankful we had any. And it stuck around a few days too. Not near the amount you got but hey here in GA we take what we can get.
Hope you are enjoying it! We just got a bunch of rain so our snow is gone ... but it was 51 degrees yesterday and I rejoiced much! Super cold today tho. Anywho, loves ya!
I am so jealous of all your snow! We got rain last week and highs in the 40's and I haven't been warm since! We are such wimps!
Post a Comment