He was the ringleader.
He was brilliant.
He was a service station owner, insurance salesman, gambler, casino floor boss, and state employee, among other things.
His last visit to Colorado was for my wedding.
He challenged me to know what I was talking about.
He was a cheater at every game we played.
Grandma was the light of his life, and his high school sweetheart.
Once, when his underground poker ring was doing much better than the one run by the mafia, Grandpa found himself beaten to within an inch of his life, missing his clothes, and tossed out of a car onto his front porch.
And, even when illness and disease ravaged his body, his mind was still sharp.
This is the last photo I have of my Grandpa.
A moment, frozen in time.
I can still hear his amazing voice, his contagious laugh.
I can still see the ornery look in his eye. And the love for his family.
I miss you already Grandpa.





14 comments:
A beautiful tribute, Tiffany.
*Hugs*
Sending prayers for your family!
Again, you have done a wonderful job in capturing the moment. What a great tool the blog is to remember him, but I also think it is theraputic for you too. He will be missed, and there is nothing wrong with being sad, but for risk of sounding like a broken record, remember the good, and be thankful for the memories.
I'm so sorry. I still miss my papaw. Praying for you as you grieve, remember, laugh, and celebrate the obviously wonderful man he was.
I agree with Jan "hugs"
A beautiful tribute. Very sorry for your loss.
Well said Tiffany, my own Grandpa passed in 1987 and I miss him every day...
Oh sweetheart - I am so sorry.
But I am so very glad that you had such a wonderful gift of a relationship with him!
(And that Grandpa Mr. Daddy is talking about? My wedding ring is the one he gave his wife).
Asking God to give you comfort, to bless you with His peace, to give you ministering angels.
Much love.
How beautiful. I miss my grandparents so much and all of the stories and wisdom you know. SO many people have no clue how lucky they are to have theirs.
Good grandparents can change the life of a child. It is obvious your grandpa helped shape and form you into the wonderful woman we are blessed with today. I love you Tiff. *tear. Thanks for sharing about him. I love it. Lv, jen
What a beautiful post dear friend. Prayers for you and your family through this. Hugs!!!!
That was a sweet tribute to someone who meant a lot to you. It's hard when the people we love don't stick around as long as we'd like them too. Thanks for letting your blogging friends know what's going on.
Big Hugs Tiffany!
Post a Comment