Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, March 2, 2009

The End of an Era

As I hinted at previously, Jerome & I recently spent our last Wednesday evening at church with the middle and high school students. What a bittersweet night that was! Jerome began serving with the youth in 1998, and I joined him in 2000. What a blessing these past years have been. I love these amazing students, and always will. We made this decision right after Christmas, and immediately felt peaceful about it. That, in itself, is an answer to prayer for me. I had always asked God that, when it was time to move on, He would confirm it to me by giving me peace about it. We have endured many hard times in the years we served, but never felt that peace until now.

A funny side note - along with that peace, God has filled my heart with a passion and love for these students that I have never felt before. At first, I actually said "Seriously, God? Now? You wait until NOW to fill me with this passion?" But, God knew what He was doing. He knew that the passion He was giving me was going to feed this next move in our lives.

This generation that I love is desperately feared and hated by Satan. Why else would we have the problems with suicide, drug and alcohol abuse, child abuse, pornography, abortion? Yes, it is the product of a society, but I believe it is also a direct attack by the enemy of their souls. Satan knows just how powerful these young people would be for God's kingdom.

Jerome & I have been leading a small group in our home for a few years. God revealed to both of us that the problems we saw in the youth, began in their homes. It begins with their parents, their home life. And, to be quite honest, we are tired of watching Satan tear apart families. I know far too many couples that have gotten divorced or are contemplating separation right now.

This is why we are now at the "end of an era". I want to see marriages thrive, reunite, be bold. I want to see husbands who love their wives as Christ loves the church. I want to see wives really learn the true meanings of love, submission, respect - not the distorted, ugly, worldly versions, but God's amazing, freeing, joyful intention. And, please understand, Jerome and I are NOT the models for this - we are imperfect, learning, screwing up and trying again.

My current favorite band is Casting Crowns. I fell in love with their song "Slow Fade", but love it even more now that I've seen the video. This song encompasses everything I want families to realize.

1 comment:

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

Great Post tiffany. You guys are amazing at ministering to familes. I will pray that your new passion God has put on your hearts for families and marriages impacts this community like never before. God bless you guys. We love you! lv, jen