Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

True Story Tuesday - The Photo Blitz!

Disclaimer:  There are a TON of photos.  Because I couldn't pick just a few.




Eight years ago today, I married my best friend.


He is the sexy one on the right.



Together with my girls





I stood before God, our friends, family, and our pastor





and married my best friend.




We had dated for 5 1/2 years before we said I do, but I had made a promise to my mom to finish college before I got married.  So I received my diploma from college (from my dad - another TST post) in April, then got married in June.


I know there was stressful times that day, but I don't remember them.  What do I remember?  Well, I remember more food than we could ever eat




I remember the hours spent with our friends and family, transforming our church (with an orange basketball court for carpet)




into a fairytale (and had fun in the process).




I remember watching my love become an uncle




and precious moments with my daddy.




I remember the act of love and sacrifice shown to us by my new father in love.  He had not made a wedding cake in years.  But, for his son, he made two.  We had a beautiful 3-tiered American cake, complete with fresh flowers from his garden.  We also had the French wedding cake, which is essentially a tower of cream puffs with jordan almonds glued on with sugar.  Heaven, I know.




I remember our friends and family checking their inhibitions at the door to have fun.




I remember how hard our youth group worked to make sure everything was perfect (even when the tray of sparkling cider tumbled).




But, most of all, I remember committing for a lifetime to my husband.  I remembering promising to honor, cherish, respect, and love him till death do us part.  I remember looking into his eyes, and seeing the love I had always dreamed of. 




Happy Anniversary, my love.  I was, and always will be, honored to be Mrs. Jerome Bleger.  You are my prince, my love, my light.  Tu es mon meilleur ami, et la joie de ma vie.  Je tadore pour toujours. 


By the way:  these beautiful photos were taken by the amazing Carol Cardwell of Carol Cardwell Photography. 

14 comments:

McCrakensx4 said...

What a great post and Happy Anniversary! Loved all of the photos but the last was my favorite! I also promised to graduate college before getting married...graduated in May married in July! It will be 12 years next month for us! May God continue to bless you and your family!

Jess in Progress said...

Hey Tiff and Jerome! Thanks for sharing such a great post and letting me be a part of that day! I thought of you guys this morning as I woke. What a good example you guys were to be while I was in college of what a Godly relationship should look like. I got to see you guys (mushy stuff and all :)-

Love ya!

Jess

Kristin said...

yay :) so glad God gave me such a great bro-and sis-in law team...I love you guys, and am thankful I get to be a part of the REST of the story-even though I wasn't in the picture for your big day 8 years ago.

Miss. Jinny said...

Excuse me who said you can use my picture lol oh man I know you said you have the picture but I was hoping it was not true lol! :) hehehe I love you both and congratulations on 8 years! :)

Rachel said...

Those photos are gorgeous, just gorgeous! And I love this sweet post... such a blessing to see the love you two have for eachother! And who could have imagined the three sweet girls in the following years? :)

Beth Zimmerman said...

Happy Anniversary Jerome and Tiffany! Praying blessings on your life and marriage for many years to come! Beautiful pictures!

Kim said...

I love this! It was beautiful to see this amazing story. Wish I were there. . .sniff, sniff.

K

Jan said...

1. LOVE the conga line!
2. OMGoodness, your hair is gorgeous in that last picture! (You are gorgeous too, but YOUR HAIR!) You know I have hair issues, so yes I'm having total hair envy right now!

Mr. Daddy said...

Happy Anniversary Tiffany.

that was a great tribute to your man...

and that is as mussy as I'm gonna get LOL

Jerome Bleger said...

Thanks for being my princess. I look forward to what God has us as we continue on this awesome adventure. Thanks for being my true life "happily every after".
Love you!

Kari said...

I love, love, love this post. Filled with memories and sincere love. Congrats on a wonderful marriage and husband. Eight years is great. I will celebrate 10 this year.

Kara said...

We're at 8 years this year, too! I love hearing people talk positively about their marriages... my marriage brings me immense joy, even after knowing each other and being friends for 15 years. (We were childhood sweethearts, and I'm so glad life brought us back together in the end!)

Great job on building a strng marriage!

Sheri said...

That was the most beautiful post ever! Happy Anniversary! My husband and I dated for about 5 years before we got married too, seems like a good way to start :)

Breezy said...

I remember that day so well. You had such a beautiful wedding.