Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 23, 2010

No, I have not fallen off the face of the earth

I am so glad you are all still here.  I didn't mean to go so long since my last real post.  Really.  This was a really hard week for me emotionally.  And when I hurt, I struggle to write.  I started at least a half dozen posts in my mind, but when I got to the keyboard - nothing.  But, at the same time, it was a good week.  I am learning to snuggle up to my Daddy when I hurt, rather than run away.  Emphasis on learning. 


Jerome got home safe and sound, so Madi and I are both sleeping better.  Madi has, in fact, been full of piss and vinegar (sorry, family saying) since the return of her accomplice.  They have caused plenty of trouble.


Kat's tests all came back normal.  There was nothing they could see that would cause her pain.  We both agreed that the barium xray was one of the coolest things EVER!  Yes, I am raising a nerd prodigy.  She still has pain, but not as constant as before.  She has been on Prevacid for a little over a week, so that may have something to do with it.  She still goes completely pale and weak when an episode hits.  She has two or three episodes per day while she is at school.  Her very sweet teacher has a bean bag in the corner for her - she lays down for a while until the pain subsides, then she gets back up and joins the rest of the class.  She is tired, and tired of hurting. Needless to say, we are headed to Denver in a few weeks.  



I have no idea what to expect when we go to Children's.  We could be up there one day or many.  It all depends on what the doctors think, and what the best course of action will be. 



I have also learned a lot about people through this, and myself.  I have had countless people tell me exactly what I should and should not be doing for my daughter.  Well-meaning people, but still completely uninformed.  People who see my daughter a grand total of 15 minutes or less a week, if at all.  People who I haven't seen in years.  I have actually had people tell me that I was accepting and using a tool of Satan by taking my daughter to a traditional doctor. 



I cannot help but remember all the times I have given unsolicited advice.  How many times have you?  And how often do we really have no business stating our opinion?  I wonder how many hearts I have grieved in my ignorance.  

8 comments:

Rachel said...

Ohmygoodness Tiff! My heart hurts for both of you!

I am praying for sweet Kat - for God to heal her - through whatever way HE wants to.

And for God to direct you exactly where you are to go.

Do people even stop to think (before telling you what you shouldn't do), that God may have a reason for SOMEONE ELSE in bringing you to THEM? Maybe there is a "traditional doctor" who needs Jesus and this suffering will bring Jesus glory.

I am so sorry my friend. I am just so sad. People told my mother that she didn't have enough faith and that is why I was deaf. If you can imagine how awful she felt, then you can imagine how awful *I* felt... being the "proof" that my mother "didn't have enough faith", and apparently I didn't either.

God alone knows your hearts. And God will give you wisdom if you seek it. God has a plan honey - this doesn't surprise Him or make Him say, "Dang, I got this mixed up".

Love you bunches and wish I could sit down for coffee with you and pray and pray.

Shana Putnam said...

Oh my Lord. Are you kidding me?? That is just ridiculous. Just because she is sick doesn't mean you are accepting a tool of Satan. Where do people come up with this crap. I am so sorry you guys are having to deal with that. Bless your hearts. I am keeping you all in my prayers and praying for healing and for getting to the right docs who can find out what is going on with her. When my brother's little boy was born with bilateral clubfoot les thana year ago I started researching so I could tell them the newest ways they treat and specialists around here and all that so they could be informed. We were all at the hospital visiting and I said something to the effect that the sooner you have it treated the better the outcome. His other sister said "I don't think he needs it I think they should take him home and pray and God will heal him." Now mind you I am a Christian and I know that God can heal him BUT I believe God gives us knowledge to go to the right people (drs) that he puts in our paths to do exactly what we need too. I don't think He wants us to sit around and wait. I think you are awesome and totally doing the right thing and you are a great Mom.

BJ_Mama said...

I have been there, hun. And I know exactly what you mean about checking myself for advice I have given...or even thought about giving. More often than not people speak without thinking, and when it comes to our children...I've learned through my own expeirnece to keep my mouth shut when it comes to other people's kids.
I will pray for you and your family...not knowing is so hard! HUGS!

wife.mom.nurse said...

Poor little thing.

I can just picture her laying on the bean bag. My heart breaks for her pain and for you.

Praying for answers...

Ashley T said...

Hugs to all of you! I hope you figure something out and fast. And I'm so glad her teacher is willing to help. That's the nicest teacher I've ever heard of.

Praying for you guys.

{Kimber} said...

wow...that is such a terrible thing for someone to say!! geez

ignore them...she was given to YOU, not know it all's full of advice!

hoping for answers for y'all soon

{{HUGS}}

Angie Vik said...

Sounds like you could use a hug. I know that it hurts a Momma's heart when her children are hurting and there's nothing she can do to make it better. Hoping you get answers soon. Be sure to keep us posted. May God be with you in a special way this week.

Bethany said...

I'm so sorry. It feels like I'm walking into the middle of this because I don't really know what's going on. But when a mama's heart hurts that is universal. Praying for healing for your sweet girl and strength for you and your husband. May the Lord put a hedge about your family and protect you. He is able to do immeasurably more than we can ask or imagine. I would would love to pray for you. Would you let me know how and what you are praying for? Hugs!