Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Should be an interesting day...

Why?  Well...

  • Jerome is en route to Paris with his dad as I type.  We are getting ever closer to closing this deal, but they want to meet Jerome and make sure he actually exists.  Imagine that!

  • Kat's stomach hurts.  Again.  It has hurt since Monday.  Yesterday, she threw up all morning.  We are running blood tests.  Again.  So far, we know it isn't strep or a bladder infection.  Her liver, pancreas, and kidney function looks good.  We should have the rest of the panel, including a complete allergy panel, back on Monday or Tuesday.  If we don't find anything obvious, our next step is to go to Denver Children's and meet with their GI specialists.  All she wants to eat is Grandma's cinnamon pull-apart bread and chicken noodle soup.  Honestly, it is really hard to not worry.  I feel like we are fighting an enemy we can't see, can't identify, and can't even fight properly.  I just want to know what we are fighting.  And I want a way for my baby to not hurt.  OTC pain meds don't even take the edge off.  She is miserable.  Again.  And I have no way to fix it.

  • Madi is weepy because Daddy is gone.  She LOVES her Daddy.  She goes from happy and silly to crying and sad in no time.  We will probably be making a paper chain to help her understand how many days Daddy will be gone.

  • Violet is in rare form.  She was shaking her little booty to the cartoons (kicking myself for not getting the video camera in time) during breakfast.  Yes, I let them watch TV and eat their breakfast this morning.  It's our Saturday tradition.  Currently Violet is trying to find new ways to torture Madi.  Because she can. 

  • We have to go grocery shopping today.  With Painful, Weepy, and Goofy.  If you hear screaming, it's us. 

  • I have a hard time when Jerome's gone.  He's my best friend.  And the house is too quiet after the girls go to bed.  Although I have grand plans of deep cleaning, extended blogging time, and peaceful time with Daddy.  We shall see how much of it I actually do.

  • And now, I must go get dressed before the minions stage a revolt.  Like I said, should be an interesting day!

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Oh girlie... I am praying for traveling mercies and for sanity while you are apart! :) (I'm a hunting widow these days, so I feel your pain and I only have ONE kiddo)

And I'm trying to figure out what exactly is wrong with Kat if she only wants Grandma's cinnamon pull apart bread and chicken soup? Cuz that sounds pretty perfect to me too :)

Sorry, but I had to laugh at your Violet - she's a hoot!

Love you guys.

Lou said...

yay for finding me oh blog spot!! I am so excited to become apart of the community

Amy said...

Praying for safe travels! I hope the time he is gone is not too much on you and your sweet girls!

I am so not happy to hear that she is still not feeling well :-( I pray for her daily. If you just knew what was causing all the issues. I am certain that when the results come back you will have something to work with. Just fight the one battle you always can.... Satan. Keep praying my dear! It is all you can do to help her right now. I know it is hard, but this too shall pass. Big hug!

Glad you have Violet to make you laugh! She is a mess! Hopefully Miss Madi will perk up soon! I am the same way when charlie travels. I find it hard to do anything because I feel like my right arm has been ripped off. But I do believe that distance makes the heart grow stronger. Really.

Ok I'm done I guess!

He & Me + 3 said...

Have fun on that grocery shopping excursion. It was a circus when i would have to take all three with me :)

wife.mom.nurse said...

I am so sorry that your little girl is sick. I hope you will get answers very soon.

Take care,
Julie

Jerome Bleger said...

Only my wife can handle such missions with such grace. It must be her powers of motherliness and her new nickname of St. Poopicus....

Julie said...

Hang in there...you are a great momma and this too shall pass!!

Beth Zimmerman said...

We used to do paper chain countdowns for all sorts of events for Josiah. I may have to resurrect that tradition for Mallory. :)

Praying for you, Jerome, and your precious girls!

It's been too long since we've "talked." I miss you!

Kari said...

I love how you describe your kids! I hope Kat gets better and that they can find out what is causing all of this. I hope hubby gets home soon, too, for you and the kids!