So, seriously. You ALL know you have that book lying around the house. The one you really enjoyed. The one you know someone else would enjoy as well. I have been so blessed by the Read It Forward blog carnival. It has given me the opportunity to read authors I may never have tried otherwise, to expand my literacy horizons. Now, go find that book, write up a little review, and link up your post to Julie or Beth. Because I will be very sad if this blog carnival does not continue, but it can't continue if people don't get involved!

Here are the official rules for Read It Forward, brought to you by the Blog Dominator herself:
The Rules:
If you'd like to receive the book I have on my blog today, leave a comment. The winner will be selected using Random.org, just like a standard giveaway. If you have a book you'd like to give away on your own blog, please write up a short review, grab the button, and add your name to the Linky.
1) If you receive a book from another blogger during this book hop, please promise that you'll ultimately pass it on using this blog hop as well. It can be the next month, or two months, or three months down the road-- not everyone has a whole bunch of time to read, so the timeline is yours to decide!
2) Once you receive a book, make sure to add your blog name and URL to the inside cover. That way, the people who receive that book in the future will know where it's been.
3) You can add a book to the blog hop at any time. So if you don't have a book you'd like to give away this month, don't worry! You can add something next month, or the month after, or the month after!
Now, let's get reading!
Oh my goodness! If you haven't read this book yet, you have seriously missed out on a vital part of modern American culture! The Amazon product description reads:
A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery.
An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world of Armani and Chanel.
A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream.
A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it.
It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana . . . and an East Texas honky-tonk . . . and, without a doubt, in the heart of God. It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda . . . an upscale New York gallery . . . a downtown dumpster . . . a Texas ranch.
Gritty with pain and betrayal and brutality, this true story also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.
Same Kind of Different As Me is a true story, written from the points of view of the two authors, Ron Hall & Denver Moore. Their upbringings and adult lives were complete opposites, but they were brought together by a woman more stubborn than both of them. I did not realize how many preconceived notions, and outright biases, I had about the homeless population until I read this book. SKDM challenges you to look and reach outside your comfort zone, to know a person before you make assumptions about them. It is difficult to read, at first, because the style of writing is so unique. But, as you delve deeper into the book, it begins to feel as if the authors are sitting right next to you, sharing their story in person. It is, in a word, incredible. And that is all I can share, because to share anymore would mean giving away vital pieces of the plot.
If you would like to receive a copy of this book, just leave any comment below. I will draw a winner using random.org, and post the winner on Friday in my Letters of Intent.






5 comments:
I'd love to read it!
Thanks for linking up and I hope people listen to your pleas.
Sounds like a great book. Please enter me. I am looking for a book to add to the hop, this is a wonderful idea.
I loved that book. My Dad works at the Union Gospel Mission in our town. It is such an amazing ministry!
Praying for Kat! That is always scary when you don't know what's up!
I LOVED this book! There's a second one out now that I'd like to read. The onset of this month's RIF reminded me that you never sent me your mailing address so I could ship you last month's books. They're still sitting on my office shelf gathering dust. :)
ooh! I'd love to read this!!!
Post a Comment