Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 8, 2010

Thankful Thursday: Veteran's Day

Image Courtesy Google


Today is Veteran's Day.


The day we honor those who have fought bravely to protect our country's freedoms.


Men like my buddy M.  He served his country honorably, and now teaches people to protect themselves. 


Men like my dad, who didn't ask to fight, but did anyways because it was the honorable thing to do.  And has faced the memories every day since.


Men, like my friend T, who is currently d*ployed somewhere in the world, performing tasks you and I will never know about in conditions we would not wish on anyone. 


Men like Billy.  Billy was always the big brother of my friend Michelle.  Billy enlisted to serve his country.  Billy graduated from Blackhawk training in August, and was so excited to fly his first mission.  But, then they discovered cancer.  In his stomach.  And now Billy is in the fight of his life. 


To the men and women of our armed forces:


Thank you.  Thank you for choosing to fight for our country.  Thank you for willingly putting yourself in danger, to keep my family out of it.  Thank you for missing holidays, birthdays, anniversaries, weddings, funerals, life, so that my family may enjoy ours without fear. 


Thank you.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Beautiful Tiff.

I am praying for T too. Praying for protection for all the ones who are fighting for freedom. Asking for God's special mercy and blessing upon them.

Love you my friend!

Bethany said...

So true. I am so very grateful for all who serve.

Anonymous said...

I guess this posted early?

I happen to live in a military town. I am thankful for them every single day. Teaching our daughter to be the same way.