In case you were wondering about yesterday's post, the photos are in chronological order! So, yes, my sis-in-love Kristin got it right!
***CAUTION***
And Rachel cracked me up because she had it, then she second-guessed herself!
Anyways, are you ready for another ridiculous, yet true Bleger story?
***CAUTION***
***BODILY FUNCTIONS IN DISCUSSION***
***DO NOT BLAME ME IF YOU HURL***
I still can't figure this one out...
Last Thursday, Madi had a rough evening. Whiny, grumpy, complaining of a stomach ache. We just figured she was overly tired and sent her to bed.
Fast forward almost 4 hours.
I awake just before midnight to Katrina's yells from their shared bedroom. I stumble in to find Madison mid-puke on her bed. She was surrounded by undigested spaghetti, and still going strong. I went back to our room to enlist Daddy's help.
We got her pj's off and Daddy took her to the bathroom to clean up while I cleaned the mess. Once she smelled halfway decent, Daddy built her a nest on our bedroom floor near the puke bucket (a necessity to family life, I might add), and snuggled with her while I stripped the sheets and got everything in the washer. And then we settled back in ourselves.
Daddy woke up at 5 AM to
He got back at 6:30 AM so that we could all get ready for the day.
He sat down beside me on the bed and asked, "Why is Madi on the floor?"
I thought, perhaps, she had rolled off the nest during the night, so I told him as much.
He responded, "No. Why is she sleeping in our room?"
Really?
He didn't, did he?
Oh yes, he did.
My man has the ability to bathe, prepare a bed, properly align a puke bucket, and snuggle a child, all while sound asleep.
Sometimes, I wish I could make this stuff up.
You know you have family legends! Go link up with Rachel & Mr. Daddy for more TST fun!








7 comments:
Oh no way! That takes some serious talent!
(And all I ever did while sleepwalking was try to pee in the refrigerator - but don't tell anyone, k?)
This story cracks me up... though I'm sorry for sweet Madi. Puke is NO FUN!
And thanks for outing my confusion on the last post, ha ha!
Ok, I knew there was a catch 'cause I was thinking the whole time WHY does her hubby help with puke????!! DB is a sympathy puker, so I he can't help me clean up when the kids are hurling... er... or that's at least his story anyway. But, it makes total sense that your hubby was asleep and didn't even know what he was doing! Um, how can I get my hubby to do that? HAHA! ;)
Thatis so awesome. Not that she was sick but that he helped and doesn't even remember it. I wonder if we could make something to give men so they will always help and not remember. Chris does ok with puking. Well, if you call sitting there with a deer in the headlights calling out HONEY HE"S PUKING! ok. But don't ask him to be around poop. He can't handle it. Luckily Blaze isn't a puker. He rarely ever pukes. Didn't even spit up more than a handful of times as a baby. BUT when he does puke, he does it in public. Nice. Usually in a restaurant. He did it the other day. But he has puked probably less than 15 times his entire life. I am lucky there.
Men amaze me! I do believe Charlie has driven halfway to work asleep. I am certain that he has done his fair share of midnight feedings and diaper changes asleep as well. I am totally ok with it. hey, he's still helping.
I don't do puke... not at all. Lula Mae has never thrown up (knock on wood!) but when she finally does I plan on throwing up with her. Cleaning it up.... ummmmmm I will trash the sheets before I "clean it up". I am gagging a little bit just thinking about it.....
Anyhoo I hope she is feeling much better now!!!
Too funny. I can relate to your husband--if the kids wake me up with less than 2 hours of sleep, I am a zombie who may not remember a thing about it later.
No way! My husband sleeps through EVERY vommit! I have to clean-up the mess AND bathe the pukers! I wish all husbands could help out WHILE SLEEPING!
No way.
There is no way.
So not fair. Why can't I sleep through the puke?
Still shaking my head over here.
Post a Comment