Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, February 24, 2011

For Love of a Bloggy Friend

My sweet bloggy friend Rachel tagged me in this Q & A post a while ago, but I am a complete slacker and haven't done it.  Sheesh...those silly excuses like sleep, and quality time with my children, and dinner...excuses.  All excuses. 


Well, no more!  Here I am, for all the world to see, in 19 completely random questions!



1. If you have pets, do you see them as merely animals, or are they members of your family?

Well, that's a silly question around these parts!  Our animals are certainly treasured members of the family.  And my cousin Heather (who happens to write an amazing blog about all things thrifty, and who is getting married this year - WOOHOO!), still gets the award for best photos of my fur babies.



Someday, when we have our 6 foot privacy fence built around our property, we will get another dog.  But, for now, we enjoy the felines.

2. If you can have a dream to come true, what would it be?

That's easy!  I would be back home with my babies.  And I would probably be spending a good portion of the year in Haiti, working with orphanages.  And, if a sweet, precious little boy (or girl) just happens to find his way into our home, well, I wouldn't complain about that at all!


3. What is the one thing most hated by you?

I cannot handle mean people.  At all.  And I have learned, being in a service position at work, that there are a lot of mean people in the world.


4. What would you do with a billion dollars?


Well, I would do the obvious things first.  Pay off the house, pay off my parents' house, buy a house for my sister so they could move back to CO.  Stick some aside for the girls for college, some for retirement for us. 

And then I would probably go ape crazy.  Pay off other people's houses.  Leave envelopes of cash on people's front porches.  Pay rent for someone for a year.  Send enormous amounts to missionaries & orphanages in other countries.



5. What helps to pull you out of a bad mood?








'Nuff said


 6. Which is more blessed, loving someone or being loved by someone?
 
No fair Rach!  You didn't say anything about making me think!  I am honestly not sure.  You are either a blessing by loving someone, or being blessed by receiving that love back.  GAAH!!!  My brain just imploded.  And now I have to go clean grey goop off the computer.  Thanks, Rach.

7. What is your bedtime routine?


Our bedtime routine starts with the babes.  We put on their pjs, brush hair & teeth, and read stories.  Then Daddy carries each of them to bed, where we pray and snuggle for a few more minutes.

Once the minions are locked and banished tucked in sweetly, we usually watch a show or two, then head to bed ourselves.  Jerome has to have a glass of milk and a few minutes of E*PN news every night.  Cause we all know the man would not be able to get a decent nights sleep without the day's stats...

We head to our room, put on our pjs, pray, kiss, then Jerome usually falls asleep while I read for a while.  "A while" being relative to how bad my insomnia is acting that night. 



8. If you are currently in a relationship, how did you meet your partner?
 
We bonded over the fetal pig dissection in 10th grade.  And trying to make the popular/mean girl in the class throw up every day.  Hmm...perhaps that should be a TST...

 


9. If you could watch a creative person in the act of the creative process, who would it be?



I would require the use of a time machine for this one.  I would love to go back to my childhood and watch my grandma.  Here she is holding Kat as a baby.





My grandma is, by far, the most creative person I have ever met.  But time and age have deteriorated both her mind and her body.  I would love to be able to go back and watch her when she was truly able to do all the things she loved to do.



10. What kinds of books do you read?
 
Anything.  No, seriously.  I am pretty much wide open, and will try anything at least once.  Well, not smutty romance novels (have no desire to read about someone else's bedroom habits in full living color), but other than that I am open to suggestions.  I love Christian fiction, regular fiction, sci-fi, mystery, historical, biographies, sports, humor, ...

See, I wasn't kidding! 


11. How would you see yourself in ten years time?


At home with my girls (ack!  They would be 17, 14, and 13).  Oh Lord!  Will you start praying for me now?  Thanks.

Anydoodle, my "ten years" answer reads much like my "dream come true" answer.  Home, part of the year in Haiti, and perhaps a few more minions added to the mix.  I'm going to need a bigger car...



12. What’s your fear?


Losing someone I love.  It is a deep fear that I have always had, and that I constantly struggle with.  Honestly, there are evenings, when I am driving home from work, when the thought of losing someone overwhelms me to the point of tears.  It is a battle I fight daily, reminding myself that God does not give a spirit of fear, that the fear itself is the battle.





13. Would you give up all junk food for the rest of your life for the opportunity to visit outer space?


Seriously?  What kind of silly question is this?  What woman, in her right mind, would EVER give up junk food for the rest of her life, just to go see a vacuum.  I've got one of those in my laundry room. 

Pass the chips & salsa, please.



14. Would you rather be single and rich or married, but poor?


Again, very silly question.  Obviously, I would rather be married.  When I said "for richer or poorer" 8 1/2 years ago, I meant it.  Also, I have informed the dear hubby that if he wants to get rid of me, he's going to have to kill me first.  And good luck with that, because I am a pretty good shot.





15. What’s the first thing you do when you wake up?

Hit the snooze and doze for another 9 minutes.  When the evil instrument of doom nags me again, dear hubby gets out of bed & starts the shower.  Approximately 30 seconds after the shower is turned on, we have this:




The girls (especially Madi - the rooster) know that they are not allowed out of bed until the shower turns on.  Works fabulously for Saturday mornings, I might add.  But, once the shower is on, they know Mommy is in bed and would love to snuggle for a minute. 

And, yes, I have just shared a photo of my bed, with me in it.  Please don't be horrified - there are cute toddler chubbies in it!

 16. If you could change one thing about your spouse/partner what would it be?


Oh good golly, what are you people trying to do to me?  This is like marriage dynamite right here! 

Ok, well there's ...

...

... yup, drawing a blank here.  There are times I threaten to throw his phone out the window when he answers it for business, but I love the part of him that wants to serve people and bless them. 

I just have to face facts.  I got the best man in the world. 




17. If you could pick a new name for yourself, what would it be?


Francine Esmerelda Ruth.  Or Zoe for short.

And if you believed that, do I have a deal for you! 

Seriously, I have no idea.  I guess I've never thought about it. My parents always told me how grateful they were that I was a girl, because Tiffany was the only girl name they every wanted to name me, and they had NO names picked out if I was a boy.  And, knowing that my parents went through 2 years of infertility to have me, I know they spent a lot of time thinking about my name.  And I like it.  So there.



18. Would you forgive and forget no matter how horrible a thing that special someone has done?


No.   I have forgiven some atrocious things from my past done by very special people, but that does not mean I have forgotten.  And, while I have been able to use those horrible things to bring healing to other people, I have not forgotten.  I honestly do not think you can. 





19. If you could only eat one thing for the next 6 months, what would it be?

Figures that the easiest question would be the last one!  That is so easy - Mexican!


Image from Google



The dear hubby jokes that I am only happy eating food when there is hot sauce on it.  And he's right. 


And, there you have it.  19 completely random facts about me. 


















12 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

Crap You reminded me that I forgot to do this too lol. Yeah I am a slacker sometimes. I am so there with you on the mexican food too but I don't like spicy. I like cheesy!

Unknown said...

Love your openness. Thank you for sharing your heart and your photos.
Just hopped over here from Messy Cars and Muddy Shoes.
Keep up the God work.

Bethany said...

I'm just gonna say it! I think I love you!!!
This totally cracked me up and I loved the answers. So fun and real. Have fun cleaning up gray goop. You did a darn good job answering the rest of the questions after that.
And thanks! Now I'm craving good Mexican. :)

Miss. Jinny said...

Seriously you make me giggle so stinking hard and I love it!! ;) Love you!!

Angie Vik said...

Knew I liked you for a reason. We like cats, books, Mexican food, and early morning snuggles at our house too. I enjoy your sense of humor. Thanks for a good read.

Heather said...

In relation to #6 - are you not also blessing the other person by being gracious enough to accept their love? Thus both of you are blessed.

HeatherOz said...

Wow, I thought I was reading MY blog! LOL
My answers would have been eerily similar. Rachel tagged me too. Do you mind if I copy and paste? ;) just kiddin'!

Julie said...

So fun to read through all of these!! I think I'd have to choose Mexican food too!! Love it. And...so cool that you'd like to adopt one day. I feel like it's one of the best things we've every done. We are waiting on God's direction for the next one!!

Jess in Progress said...

Tiff- I love this and am stealing it. I hope I can do half as good of a job as you did. I read these things and remember college with fondness because you're the same girl you always were but still growing :) I love you!

Dawn said...

Fun questions and good answers. I had to kind of do a double take when I realized in the not too distant past the question would have been about what you'd do with a million dollars, not a billion. That's inflation for you!

Michy said...

13, 14, & 16 were my favorites. you are so witty & cute! :o)

Rachel said...

I LOVE IT! I am so pumped that you did this! You totally rocked it.

And I'm cracking up at Shana and HeatherOz - get to work girlies! :)

Had to laugh at the vacuum in your laundry room part - you are too witty!

And your name? You mean you wouldn't legally change your name to Saint Poopicus? Or at least something that ended in "Snort" so we could be the Snort Sisters???

I love your answer about your grandma. I did not get choked up at it. I did not get choked up at it.

Love ya girlie - hope the girls are healing as I type!