Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, February 25, 2011

Letters of Intent

Dearest Kat,


While your new hair cut does look all grown up,





You are still not old enough for celebrity gossip.




Quit trying to grow up so fast.


And, no, I will not explain Teen Mom to you.  Because you just don't need to know.



Love,
Where is my no-grow-up fairy?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Princess Pukey Pants,


While I greatly appreciated the enormous amounts of snuggling that happened this week,
I could also greatly do without the accompanying high fever, puking, and diarrhea.
And when you lay on the couch like this:


... Mommy starts to worry.  Especially when you don't even fuss about watching Star Trek instead of princess movies. 

Love,
Loves snuggles but not cleaning vomit off the couch

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Influenza Type A,

Please be informed this is your formal notice of eviction.  You are no longer welcome in this home.  Because when you turn my normally spunky kids into this:



and this



without even offering to pay for their prescriptions, I get very tired of your free-loading ways.  I am all for generosity and extending grace, but you have tried my patience.  You have taken the Daddy-Daughter Dance away from two of my princesses.  You even think about touching the biggest princess and I will kick your germy rooty poo tooty. 


Signed,
Tired of cleaning up your messes


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 
Dear Self,

The next time you get on a blogging kick and schedule a bazillion posts in advance, be warned. 
It may be God preparing you for the illness of your children that will render you completely and absolutely technologically-impaired for 72 hours. 



Signed,
Sometimes procrastination can be a good thing?



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Bloggers who are way smarter than me?


Please help me.  I have been trying to figure this out for a week.  How do you have a page on your blog (like mine has Meet the Chaos, etc), but for posts?  For example, I would love to have a Project 365, or a 30 Day Picture Challenge page, where someone could click and see all the posts with that label. 

I am done beating my head against a wall.  I humbly ask for your help. 


Sincerely,
Sick of the forehead bruises



Have more letters that are just begging to be written?  Head on over to Julie's for more LOI fun!



Foursons

13 comments:

Jan said...

I'm so sad the girls are going to miss the dance tonight. :(
And I have no idea how to help you with the technology thing, I was trying to figure out how to do something with that the other day and couldn't do what I was wanting.

Dawn said...

My techie genius daughter has been off line for awhile, quit blogging and even FB, so I am helpless to change anything except the background, thanks to someone else's genius.

Your letters are so clever! I am so sorry about the nasty flu bug. How old is the biggest cutie? I find my 8 year old GD is far far too interested in such things.

Shana Putnam said...

Ok you know when you go to edit posts? you can make a page and call it whatever you want to like the Meet The chaos or whatever then you can add links to those posts on that page. Somehow you can tag all of the specific posts you want to show up and I am not sure lol. Rachel may know. Ask her.

I am so sorry the girls have been so sick too. I have seen a lot of kids sick lately and I hope it is going away now. I am praying for you all.

Angie Vik said...

Funny letters. I'm impressed that after taking care of sick kiddos and worrying about them that you still have a sense of humor. Hope everyone is soon feeling well.

Megan said...

Oh my gosh those little girls are getting so big. I don't know if you remember me but I worked at Kid's Kamp when Katrina went there in Kindergarten. They are so cute! I hope that they are feeling better!

Rachel said...

Awww - I am so sorry about the sick bug!

Praying the girls are better now.

And too funny about Kat and the magazine!

And I am dying that Shana told you to ask me - considering that all my pictures are off-center or cut off on my main blog page - and I don't have a single page set up! hee hee!

Amy said...

Send tons of prayers your way sweet friend! I am so sorry your babies are sick. Cleaning vomit up is just no fun :-( You will need a major mommy day soon dear! Should I fly in?????? I mean, anything for you!!!!


Tell that sweet girl to put that trash down! That poor thing does not need to worry her silly little head about grown up stuff. She will have to deal with it soon enough. Why do they want to grow up so fast :-(

I'm computer dumb so I can't help you there!

Anonymous said...

I am sorry so that the flu has hit your house. Hope the girls are better.

I am glad my kid can't read yet. Ugh, on the trashy magazines.

Foursons said...

Oh no! The flu is NO good! At least it's not the Swine right? (I refuse to call it N1H1.)

I love the picture of the trashy magazine. It cracked me up.

Thanks for linking up, I hope everyone is better soon!

Unknown said...

Cute pics and sorry the kids are sick. illness is never fun, but great blogging fodder, eh?!
I can't even figure out how to get the tabs at the top...let alone post stuff on different pages...what is your secret? :)

Karen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your sick kiddos. It's so hard for everyone, including mom! And so sad that they have to miss a special event. I hope everyone is better soon!

I've been wondering about the blogger page thing, too. I looked it up under Blogger Help and there's a bunch of info. But it was a bit beyond me:( Perhaps you could do better with understanding it!

Bethany said...

Yuck! I'm sorry your kiddos are sick. I agree cuddles are great but I could do with out the fever, germs, and general ick. Sorry, friend.
Love the haircut. She does look older.

Hyacynth said...

Your poor girls! And you! Oh, I despise the stomach flu. I am not the puke parent. Hope it's well passed now.