Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Quite Possibly The World's Most Random Post...

... because I cannot form a coherent post theme to save my life.  And because bullet points make me happy.


  • Violet's lip is healing well, thankyouverymuch.  She is still trying to milk it for all it's worth, but I don't think she will lose that tooth.  At least not yet.

  • I feel completely jipped because 2/3s of the nation is getting hammered by Snowmageddon (love that, by the way), and all we got was a skiff.  Not even enough to justify sliding into a snow bank

  • Snowdown is this week.  Never heard of it?  Basically, it is our town's attempt to completely lose our minds for a week.  You can check out the website here.  Or go on the F*cebook page here and see photos of community leaders in drag.  Not. Even. Kidding.  The only event we will probably participate in is the Balloon Rally, like we do every year.  Considering the fact that Madi still gets scared by the movie preview guy's voice, I don't really think a monster theme is up her alley.  If I can keep the children away from the giant flames, or untangled from the ropes, or out of the portapotty for longer than 30 seconds, I promise to attempt to take photos. 

  • Violet & Madi had their well kiddo (because they aren't babies anymore ... sniff, sniff) checks this morning.  Between hiding under the table (sorry for the poor quality - gotta love the camera phone):



           and playing with the amazing magnetic wall art


         they barely even noticed that we were at the doctor's office.  In fact, when they
         got their shots, they didn't cry.  Not even a whimper.  And Madi watched them
         do it.  Who are these tiny people and what have they done with my children???



  • I now understand why Madi has been exhausted lately.  Chica has jumped 40 percentage points on the height chart since her last visit.  I would be tired too, if I was trying to catch up to the NBA.  Violet, however, is still short.  Very short. 

  • My lack of late-night blogging lately can be blamed on one thing, and one thing only.  Wii.  Slightly addicting.  And watching the sisters duke it out in Mario baseball?  Hilarious.
 

           and for some reason this photo refuses to move to the middle of the post.  Can
           anyone else say annoying?

  • I find it hilarious that only one person guessed correctly on my last post.  All of those very random things were said by one kid, and one kid only.  And of course it was Madi.

  • The roof of my mouth hurts.  I cut it, or burned it, or perhaps Jerome poked me with a sharp stick during the night, sometime this weekend, and it is taking forever to heal.

  • I am actually really excited to watch the Superbowl this year.  And I do mean watching the football.  Normally, unless God's team is playing, I dont' really care about the game itself.  

  • And now I have exhausted random thoughts.  Other than trying to make a grocery list.  Anyone want to volunteer to cook for me next week? 

10 comments:

Rachel said...

You sound busy! And I feel totally robbed about the whole snowstorm too!

Your kiddos are hilarious... and I must find a way to hug them before they grow any bigger!

Heal that mouth 'o yours soon chica - can't have us losing any of your wit because of it... :)

Angie Vik said...

I can relate to the random thoughts thing. Sometimes I think I have a brain like a ping pong ball - always bouncing from one thing to another. My family are also Denver Broncos fans. We lived in Colorado for 12 years and no matter where else we've lived their loyalties still reside with the Broncos. Glad Violet's mouth is doing better.

Amy said...

I needed a good bulleted post to boost my spirits! Thanks deary!

Don't you have big brave girls!!! Don't you worry about Violet, she will catch up. Or not. And that's totally ok too! Lula Mae has not grown and inch or gained a pound since a month or two before she turned two... she will be three in MAY!!!! So I have a shorty too :-) *gasp* they could be shot little buddies!!!! Awwwwwwwwww :-)

The Wii is HIGHLY addictive!!! Oh man, have you played The Game Of Life on it yet???? FUN FUN FUN!!!

Hope your mouth heals soon. It just makes food not as satisfying when your mouth hurts :-(

Enjoy your superbowl watching... I will be... not watching. LOL

I will cook for you!! Pick me!!!! Just fly me out to your house!!!

Julie said...

I love your random thoughts! I remember when we first got the Wii I was a "tad" addicted too. But then I lost interest...as per usual! ha ha

Jan said...

The magnetic wall art really is amazing. Thanks for the reminder that I need to take K and R in for their well visit. Had kinda forgotten all about that.

Dawn said...

I love random posts - I do them often. A blog friend calls them "brain dump."

We had two days off school around here with no snow, no ice, no wind - just cold air. Ridiculous!

Megan said...

Yes! Your posts seriously make me laugh :) Thanks for the encouragement friend. Miss you lots! I thought of you right away when we found out we were having a third princess ;)

Bethany said...

Loved it! So Madi is your fun, wild crazy thing? I love getting to "know" other people through the blogs.
I can't believe your girls are so brave. Way to go! I think I would have taken my kids out for steak (their fav) if I had gotten that kind of behavior.
We didn't get snow here in Indy. We got ice. Lots of ice. Thankfully though, we didn't lose power.
Have fun this weekend.

Brandi said...

LOL. I've missed some posts somewhere... (again).

Okay, my boys could take some lessons from your girls in bravery. They FREAK about getting shots. And the growth charts? Yes, I have 3 in the 75% for height and my poor Bubba is in the 25%. In the grand scheme of things ALL my kids are tiny, but Bubba is going to be looking up to all his younger siblings. LOL.

Hmmm, let's see... WHY is Jerome poking you in the mouth with sticks while you sleep? ;) That's not very nice.

I've been feeling a little left out with everyone getting snow too. I mean, heck, TEXAS and ALABAMA even got snow. What's that about?

Beth Zimmerman said...

I used to LOVE watching my kids play Super Mario Brothers! And that was on a classic, or maybe Super, Nintendo years ago! The Mario music still makes me smile! And while we were with family for Christmas a couple of years ago watching teenagers WiiSki and compete in the Mario Olympics was HILARIOUS! Especially my beautiful niece who kept falling off the board!

Tell Jerome "no sticks in the house!" :)

Love you, girlie!