Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, July 11, 2010

This Weekend I...

Keys to the Cottage




This Weekend I...


got off work and drove over three mountain passes

Image courtesy Google Images because I am not stupid brave enough to stop while driving this pass.


to stay in this room.



ate tacos at the best Mexican food place in Ouray (also the only Mexican food place), and spent the entire dinner trying to figure out why there were dollar bills all over the ceiling




admired a Rocky Mountain sunset



soaked in a vapor cave under our hotel




and then soaked in a private hot springs, all by ourselves




slept in (please don't throw things)


then had an amazing massage in the cave





left the beautiful town of Ouray




and drove over another pass to see the stunning Bridal Veil Falls




and the wildflowers




and actually took a photo of myself




in the beautiful town of Telluride.


I also took photos of lupines, which are toxic to cattle (random, I know),



rummaged around in the Free Box




looked like a total tourist taking photos of street lamps





and neat old buildings




and ski benches





I also made Jerome tote around two pink butterfly nets and a box of sidewalk chalk we found at the hardware store




while we took a gondola ride to the top of the Telluride Ski Area




and watched a great thunderstorm roll in




and rain all over Oprah and Toms weekend homes




and then drove the minivan rocketship over another pass (weekend high altitude pass count:5)


in the pouring rain to come home and find that my parents took our children on the train to Silverton.  Thankfully Dad took photos. 


All in all, it was an amazing weekend.

14 comments:

Dawn said...

You did have an amazing week-end! Lovely pictures. I am from Colorado, too, but have never been to Ouray or Telluride - shameful!

Madeleine said...

wOw!

That was awesome and thanks for sharing all those fantastic pictures!! Where exactly were you??

Rachel said...

Looks like a totally fun weekend!!! I am jealous - but it probably wouldn't have been the sweet getaway if I'd managed to sneak into your luggage :)

LOL about the dollar bills on the ceiling - we've done that before too!

Great pictures - though the mountain passes would have had me absolutely terrified! (I was in a huge rental SUV last time I drove through some sheer cliffs - with a bike race going on no less - and I still haven't recovered).

Congrats on your fun - so glad you enjoyed your gift!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I don't much care for mountain passes ... especially when my Dad is driving! I LOVE the man but he's a maniac behind the wheel!

So glad you had a wonderful weekend! The hotel, and time alone with your hubby, sound heavenly! Pink butterfly nets and all!

Kmama said...

How fun! Looks like you had a great time!

Michy said...

Tiff that's awesome! So glad you and the hubs got to get away. Thanks for sharing your photos!!!

Jan said...

Waaayyy to much spaing and relaxing for me not to be super jealous! ;-)

HeatherOz said...

I think I just cracked the computer screen from throwing a calculator at it! You slept in? hee hee!
Looks like a great trip!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow that sounds amazing. You got to do so much and sleep in? WHA? I think your summer is now complete. Loved all the pictures and that ski bench is pretty cool.

Amy said...

Amazing is right! Looks FANTASTIC! I am so glad you had a nice time! I am sure you were ready to get back to those sweet little girls though ;-)

Brandi said...

Ah, how relaxing! I'm glad y'all had a nice getaway. :)

Kari said...

Being a Colorado native, I adore this post! Don't we live in a gorgeous state. I'm liking the private hot springs - looked pretty cool! Glad you had a great weekend and were able to sleep in! Ahhhh, what that must feel like :o)

Megan said...

That's awesome Tiff! I have always wanted to stay at that hotel, and Ouray is like my favorite place on earth! I miss the beauty of Colorado a lot! Love you guys...

Mike, Sarah, and Josh Dombrowski said...

I'm so glad you two got to get out and away together! Isn't the W. fabulous!? We LOVED staying there on our honeymoon.

P.S. The dollar bills are up there as a charity fundraiser. Once a year they collect all of the dollars donated by patrons to some charity. We had to ask!