Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, July 20, 2010

TST: Brand New Dad

Ok, so I totally had another post all ready to go, and then I got the shock of my life.  This is my dad. 


Katrina took this photo last weekend while we were gone on our adventure.  My dad has ALWAYS had a moustache.  It is a part of who he is.  I vividly remember his prickly raspberries on my stomach, or the way he would tickle my neck when he kissed me goodnight.  My girls LOVE getting Papa kisses because they tickle.


So, you can imagine my shock when I got to the office yesterday morning to discover this:



My dad, the hairless wonder.  We think it has been about 40 years since he was last hairless.  None of my older siblings have seen him this way.  My mom has only seen him one other time without a moustache. 


Apparently, he got a wild hair (pun completely intended) this weekend and decided to shave.  Every time I look at him I giggle. 


What made it even funnier is that Jerome got a wild hair (again, completely intended) and asked me to shave his head.  So now both of my men are hairless wonders!


13 comments:

Kristin said...

GOODNIGHT!!! wow...I don't even know what to say! I think I'm in shock...are you sure aliens didn't take your REAL dad and leave the hairless imposter instead?? just a though..

McCrakensx4 said...

That is too funny, although he looks great both ways, I kinda like him hairless! My dad has always had a mustache too and the few times he has shaved it off has been a shock...he looked like an egghead!

Beth Zimmerman said...

My dad shaved his beard and moustache (after probably most of 50 years) because it interfered with his CPap machine! It still looks off to me!

And my hubby shaved once when Josiah was a baby. I made Josiah sit and watch him shave because I wanted to make sure he recognized him afterwards!

Beth Zimmerman said...

My dad shaved his beard and moustache (after probably most of 50 years) because it interfered with his CPap machine! It still looks off to me!

And my hubby shaved once when Josiah was a baby. I made Josiah sit and watch him shave because I wanted to make sure he recognized him afterwards!

Brandi said...

He doesn't even look like the same person! haha! I bet that was a shocker!

My hubby does that every now and then with his goatee... and it's a MISTAKE every time he does it and we all giggle until it grows back!

Jan said...

Tell him I think he looks younger with out it! And I want to see a picture of Jerome!

He & Me + 3 said...

Wow he does look like a different guy. I like the new look too.
My dad has had a mustache forever too.

Rachel said...

Oh my goodness - he looks like a completely different person!

We keep teasing Mr. Daddy that the only reason he shaved his moustache is because his razor slipped and he had to even it out! :)

Your dad looks great both ways! I bet it was such a shock!

Julie said...

Isn't it amazing how a mustache can totally change a person. I think he looks great both ways!!

HeatherOz said...

Haha! That's always a shocker! My Dad likes to shock us with his different facial hair looks, so we're a little more used to it! LOL

Michy said...

I think your daddy looks very nice! I remember when I was in HS or Jr. High my daddy wanted to grow his mustache back (from 10+ years before) and I threw an absolutely hissy fit so he wouldn't because I liked my clean shaven daddy!

Icy BC said...

I remembered the tickling kisses from my dad when his beard and mustache growing out..

Wonderful post, and it brought back good memory for me..

Mr. Daddy said...

great post LOL
it looks perfectly natural to me but I bet his upper lip felt about a foot long for a while....ROFL