
Life has been interesting since Daddy left. Saturday, I didn't end up having to take the minions to the store. A fab friend called right before we left and offered to keep the kids at her house. I almost kissed her.
Sunday after church I took the minions to my parents' house and I headed up the mountain for a beautiful fall Colorado afternoon wedding. Well, the reception was
Monday morning my
While we were there, the doc asked us to collect stool samples. We left, armed with many containers, latex gloves, and a pile of instructions. On the way back to the office (she spent the day with me so I could monitor her symptoms and, of course, collect the poo), Katrina gave me a very weird look. She asked, "Mommy, why do they want my stool?" I replied something to the effect of smart people testing it to figure out what was wrong with her tummy. Her next question? "Can we get me another one? I can't see the mirror without mine."
Wrong stool, honey. Wrong stool.
And if you have never had the opportunity, let me reassure you that collecting stool from your child is extremely entertaining. Sadly, a cereal bowl at the office was a casualty of war. But at least she got to keep her wooden stool.
Seriously people. I know I'm not the only one who has these conversations. Go link up with Rachel & Mr Daddy for more true stories!





15 comments:
OhMyGosh - I am just laughing and laughing and yep... you got a snort.
You are never gonna outlive this nickname, are ya? I mean, this stuff only happens when Jerome is conveniently away??? Methinks this should be a share-able nickname. (I'm about to get some hatemail from Jerome, aren't I?)
I am so so so sorry! I am just praying for quick answers for Kat.
And I am still cracking up over her stool confusion :)
Thanks for linking up girlie!
I keep trying to get rid of this nickname. But someone keeps bringing it back up. And sending me emails with that name instead of my real name. And mentioning that name on other people's blogs!
And sadly, that name was the first thing that popped into my head as I was trying to scrape poop out of a cereal bowl with a tongue depressor into the collection cup. Yup, I am Saint Poopicus.
Haha! That is funny! Sweet girl!
Really hoping she gets feeling better! SOON!!!
I know you don't like your nickname but you are a saint - even if it is a saint of poop things....I'm so glad Katrina got to keep her wooden stool. I'm sure my kids would've had a hard time parting with their plastic one. Why do they call poop stool anyways? Why not just ask for a sample of poop or something? So confusing...Hope it brings some answers!
Oh, Girl! (I think that covers everything.) ;-)
yuck...I've had to do that once...and just about tossed my cookies!
Hope she's feeling better.
Sorry your little girl isn't feeling well, but that was a funny story. That's great that you wrote it down, because it's easy to forget and they make good fodder for family jokes for years to come.
Hope the stool provides answers and she feels better FAST! Pain is no fun. For the kiddo or the parent!
Praying for you guys!
Heehee! I love the viewpoint of kids :o) I also love that your family has minions and ninjas :o)
Rach had a good nickname, but my take on it is....
The Poopinator, If we ever get to meet IRL, I want to hear your best "I'll be back" imitations with the sun glass's and leather jacket...LOL
Poopinator? Really? My Arnold isn't too bad, but if you want a good impersonation, you should probably see my Will Smith. You know the one...
"The difference between you and me is, I make this look good".
Poopinator? Really? My Arnold isn't too bad, but if you want a good impersonation, you should probably see my Will Smith. You know the one...
"The difference between you and me is, I make this look good".
I am sorry your little one is feeling bad, hope you can get some answers real soon.
poor sweetie!! that is NO fun for eithe of you I know
hope you get answers soon
and LOL at her stool comment!
I'm going to have to go back and catch up. What a sweet response.
Post a Comment