Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Impromptu Day Off

So, today started pretty normal. The alarm went off, I hit the snooze. The alarm went off again, and again I hit the snooze. Third time was the charm, and I convinced JJ to go start the shower (so I could lay in bed for a few more minutes).
Jerome was already in the shower, and I was just about there, when Madi walked into the room. And here is our conversation:
Madi: Hi Mommy
Me: Hi Madi
Madi: Nina pooped in the bed!
Me: What?!?!?!
Madi: Nina pooped in the bed, and she's cwyin!
Me: Uhh...ok?
Of course, at this point, I'm thinking just how handy it was that Jerome was already in the shower. Drat!
I walked into the girls' room to find Katrina sobbing in her bed, covered in diarrhea. When I asked her what happened, she said, " I woke up, and I had to fart. But is wasn't a fart Momma!"
As much as I love her, I was just not willing to snuggle her covered in that. She said that her diarrhea smelled the worst out of anybodys. Poor baby! So, we cleaned up the mess as best we could, jumped in the shower for a more thorough cleaning, and got dressed. She ate breakfast ok, and decided that she would try school.
That didn't last long. I got calls at 9, 9:30, and 11 with her "status". By 11, she was so worn out from pooping that she just wanted to come home.
And now, the little girls are napping, Nina is watching Hannah Montana, and I had an impromptu day off to catch up on bills, blogging, and snuggling. It's raining outside, and pretty peaceful inside. Not too bad of a day...

2 comments:

Jess in Progress said...

Poor kiddo! That must have been a rough one. I hope she's feeling better.

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh my goodness I love your convo with Madi and I love that Nina thought she had to fart it made me giggle poor girl! I hate that feeling! :(