Those of you living in Durango will be shocked. She is just now posting pictures from the Fair? I know, I know. I'm a slacker. Please forgive me.
Every year, our county has a fair. We are talking down home, cows and pigs, carnival rides, quilts and canned goods kind of fair. I love it. I have loved the fair since I was little. And, we are creating a little herd of fair-lovers of our own.
We visited all the exhibits (my favorite part), but couldn't stay very long because we were "missing" the carnival (the girls' favorite part). Except the bunnies, chickens, turkey, and geese. I think they would have spent all day in that exhibit if we let them. Not that I blame them. I personally think that some of those tuffted roosters are pretty hilarious too.
And, no fair visit would be complete without cotton candy! Here's my herd, enjoying their treat.

Violet wasn't so sure about the cotton candy at first. We actually had to force it into her mouth. I know - what were we thinking? But, she quickly figured out that it tasted FABULOUS! And then, we were done.
So, what do you do with three sugar-buzzed kiddos? Why, send them on rides, of course! Daddy & Aunt Celine had to ride one of the adult-only-puke-your-guts-out rides, so the girls waited patiently. And laughed as Daddy screamed.

I personally cannot ride ANY carnival ride without losing my lunch. Most of the time I can't even watch the rides without getting queasy. So, I became the official photographer. Here is everyone, getting ready to ride the strawberries. Katrina loved it. Madi was all for it, until Aunt CC started spinning the strawberry. Then we had issues. But, she buried her head in Daddy's side and stuck it out. But she didn't want to ride again. Can't say that I blame her.

The big girls had fun riding the jeeps...

... and thought that this nice carnival worker...









No comments:
Post a Comment