Katrina's birthday was on a Friday this year, so we decided to have a couple of her little girlfriends over for a sleepover. She had been begging us for months to have a sleepover, so we figured this was a good time to test the waters. I must say, it was too much fun. Her girlfriends of choice for this night were:
Miss Grace

and Miss Juliana

When the girls got there, we made personal pizzas. While we were making them, Juliana informed me that she did not like pizza. At all. I convinced her to at least make a pizza with us. I then spent the next 30 minutes trying to figure something else out for the girl to eat.

While the pizzas cooked, the girls enjoyed a few rounds of Candy Land. It's interesting watching 3 6-year-olds negotiate a game by themselves. By the way, Madison got to spent the night with Grandma & Pepe Bleger. By herself. She thought she was tough stuff. Violet pretty much just chased the big girls around and tried to keep up.

Much to my surprise, when dinner time came, Juliana ate her entire pizza. She told me that it was the best pizza she had ever had. Score one for the party lady!
After dinner, the girls made bead bracelets. And each of them had to pose for the camera. Here's the slightly excited birthday girl:

And Princess Grace, who is just as elegant as her namesake.

And Miss Juliana, who did not make a bracelet. She made a bead string. That was circular. And that she wore on her wrist. But it wasn't a bracelet.

My little French princess decided that she did not want a birthday cake. She wanted fondue. What we didn't know was that neither of the other girls had experienced fondue before. I think they were in heaven. We had fruit, cake, pretzels, and marshmallows, all dipped in glorious chocolate. They ate it all.

After cake came presents, with both buddies eager to help.

And a "Let's Take Care of a Dog with a million tiny pieces and a tree that both require batteries" Barbie. Great fun with a child who still puts toys in her mouth.

And what girlie sleepover would be complete without pedicures? Apparently Toby (the cat) was perturbed by the lack of attention. He decided to give Jerome a great shot of his tail just as he was trying to take a photo of all the girls. The girlies found it so entertaining, we had to keep it.
Little girl giggles are the best.

We got her the Hannah Montana movie as her birthday present. So we snuggled them all down into their sleeping bags, fully expecting them to conk out halfway through the show.

We should have known better. They watched the ENTIRE movie, and proceeded to giggle for another half hour after "lights out". I must say, it was pretty fun hearing them.
They all slept great through the night (no tears, no 2 AM calls to Mom), ate their breakfast, and enjoyed a cartoon before their parents came. All in all, a successful first sleepover venture. Although Jerome was ready to hunt and fish and tear things apart and build things and barbecue and fart and burp and do everything else manly after enduring that much estrogen.
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention this. I had conveniently come down with strep throat on Wednesday. So I looked like a comatose zombie when they all showed up. I am actually amazed, now, that I even remember that night. Because I sure don't remember much of the rest of that week.





3 comments:
2 things:
1. still laughing about "fart and burp"
2. fondue...ahhh!
Lol Jerome you are an amazing girl dad! :) You totally fit the bill for sure! :) I hope you enjoyed all your burping and farting! :)
Ahhh I am so glad you are back to blogging Miss Tiff!
O and by the way I was just telling someone yesterday how wonderful you are and how you loved on me just when I needed it most.
AND I have a cat named Toby too!!!
Love ya! :o)
Post a Comment