Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, April 5, 2010

Want a new camera?

Yeah, so do I.


I read a few *ahem* blogs, one of which is MckMama's. This morning, on her Twitter, she mentioned a giveaway for a Nikon D40 that one of her blog friends is doing. I jumped over to Unexpected Bliss, expecting to leave a comment and go about my day.


What I found instead was a church family moment.


This sweet woman (who I just "met" reading her blog this morning) bared her soul. Their family is going through a very difficult time, financially, mentally, physically. It is to the point where she had to work yesterday, Easter, to try to pay some of her medical bills. She missed Easter with her boys.


That just broke my heart. She had set up a P*ypal donate account, because after she told her followers what was going on, they insisted on having a way to help. But then she stayed up all night, feeling guilty over strangers giving money to her family. She realized that she has a D40 she has barely used because of the situation. She has taken maybe 60 pictures on it. So, she is giving it away, to say thank you.


You can leave a comment on her post here to get an entry into the giveaway. If you post on your blog about the giveaway, that's another entry. If you choose and are able, you can click on the Donate Now button on the left sidebar of her blog. A $5 donation will get you 5 entries, $10 will get you 10.


Our pastor's wife Linn recently posted on her blog about Crazy Love. The idea is that we, as brothers and sisters, can meet the needs we see around us with a crazy love. That we love so much we are compelled to help. I have to tell you, that idea has been stirring in my heart. I always go back to Matthew 25:35, which says, "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in".


Now, please understand something. We are by no means rich. We are barely making ends meet right now, like so many. Some months, we don't. But, that does not excuse us from seeing the needs around us, from obeying God when He says to do something about it.


The contest is open until Tuesday night. Please go over to her page and leave a word of encouragement for her. It takes a lot of nerve to share so openly. I wish we all, myself included, were that honest.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

What a sweet post, I don't even know what to say. I absolutely love the idea of loving so much that we are compelled to help. That really is what its all about, and you are living it.

Now I'm off to read your pastors wife's blog. Thank you!