Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 29, 2010

Thankful Thursday

The house is quiet.  All the girls are asleep.  I am curled up on the couch, coffee in hand.  I have a rare weekday at home because Katrina is home from school, not feeling well. 




We snuggled all morning on the couch, watching cartoons and watching little sisters.  Both were entertaining. 




Yes, honey, I promise to have it cleaned up by the time you get home.


This week has challenged my attitude.  Two friend, both in their first trimester of pregnancy, have miscarried this week.  My heart hurts.  Now you understand why I wrote this post.  It has been a really hard week, but a really good week, all at the same time.  I have seen God comfort and heal hearts in ways I honestly did not think possible.  I have seen a family of choice rally around these couples to love and minister in any way possible.  It has been an encouraging week.


I am thankful that I get to be indoors today (the allergens & wind in the air today are horrendous).



I am thankful that beautiful reminders of spring are literally popping up all over our property.



I am thankful for Ga*orade.  So good for hurting tummies (and jealous little sisters).




I am thankful for the way this one makes me smile every day.



I am thankful for the beautiful bonds of sisterhood developing in our home.



It gives me hope during the cat fights!


I am thankful that this young man was found safe!  We received a frantic phone call from a friend in Atlanta Tuesday morning.  One of her coworkers is a cousin of Jason.   The family asked us, being in CO, to pass along the information about his disappearance to everyone we knew.  We forwarded the information to every CO agency in our company, put the information on FB, everything we could think of.  I spoke with the young mans older brother, Jon, Tuesday afternoon, because we were contacted by a paper in Fort Collins.  They wanted to get the information out, but didn't want to breach the family's privacy.  He was so worried, so scared.  You could tell he was dreading the worst.  Jason is hurting, and it sounds like there is healing that needs to happen, but he is alive.  He is ok.


God is good.  What are you thankful for today?

No comments: