I know, weird, right? But true.
Last night, my children ate leeks. Yes, these leeks.
The ones that are, in essence, an onion. My devoutly anti-onion children ate onions. How, you may ask?
Careful camoflage.
I have had three little packages of lamb burger just sitting in my freezer. Waiting for the perfect recipe. We have had Jeromes sister Celine with us for a week, and I wanted to fix something special for her. She LOVES lamb, like any good French-American teenager should.
I found this recipe from Betty Crocker (have I mentioned lately how much I love that site?) and decided to try. It really is easy, and the lamb could be substituted with any meat you like.
And it got my children to eat leeks. And repeatedly say, throughout the meal, how much they liked leeks. Worth the shot? I think so.






1 comment:
Lamb and leeks, yep, y'all are Frenchies! ;-)
Post a Comment