Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Saturday, May 15, 2010

The Best Birthday Present EVER!!!!

I will be celebrating the 1st anniversary of my 29th birthday in a few weeks.  No, I am not turning 30.  I am a founding member of the Forever 29 Club.  I refuse to turn 30.  Katrina thinks it is hilarious.


Anyways, I have never been much of one for a big hullabaloo made over my birthday.  Jerome just about died last year when he conspired with my friends to throw me a surprise party.  He is lucky I did not kill him.  This year we are planning an open-house bonfire on my birthday weekend that will have NOTHING to do with my birthday.  I am planning creative revenge for those who try to sneek cards or presents to the bonfire.  I just don't like a fuss. 


But, I found out I am getting the best birthday present EVER today.  My big sis, Chris, is flying home from Atlanta tomorrow for a two-week vacation.  They have had a rough time the last two years, and her sweet hubby decided that she just needed to take some time with family.  I am just about giddy.  I cannot wait for church to be over tomorrow so I can see her. 


My sister is 10 years older than me.  She helped raise me.  She was there for me when I hated my parents.  I could talk to her about things I would never tell anyone else.  She is funny, witty, sensitive, caring, and loving.  She is everything you could ask for in a big sis. 


It has been 3 years since we have seen each other.  Katrina is the only one who remembers her.  Madison was just a baby - Violet wasn't even a thought.  My girls will finally get to meet and spend some quality time with their auntie.


AND SHE WILL BE HERE IN 12 HOURS!!!!!!!!!!!


I'm not excited at all... nope, not me...

5 comments:

Coach Mac said...

Ah...cherished memories are the best gifts to receive - they never leave.

wife.mom.nurse said...

happy belated birthday...what a great present!

Brandi said...

Yay! That is a great present! I hope y'all have a wonderful visit.

Happy Birthday! :)

{Kimber} said...

what a great present!!!! I know y'all will have fun

HAPPY 29th BIRTHDAY!! hehe

Dana-from chaos to Grace said...

I celebrated the 9th anniversary of my 28th birthday in January. ;) I totally understand....