Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Letters of Intent

Foursons




To the illnesses that have invaded my home,

Go away.  Now.  Cleaning up the puke/diarrhea from one kid and the excessive sinus infection eye goobers from another have left me pretty much done with anything that might come out of my children's orifices.  Not to mention trying to do all this while battling my own nasty sore throat. I would appreciate it if all three of my children could be well at the same time.  Is that too much to ask?

Sincerely,
Didn't buy enough kleenex or carpet cleaner at the store last week

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dearest Computer,

I love you.  I really do.  You have been a wonderful and needed addition to our home.  I can connect with my friends, pay bills, store family photos.  You really are great.  But, I have just one request.  Could you please stop randomly jumping web pages when I am in the middle of a message?  Because, it never fails.  I am almost done writing a deep, involved note to someone, and you decide you want to see what is happening elsewhere.  I am sorry if I am that boring, but I promise to do something more interesting once I am done.  Oh, and it would be really nice if you could make the apostrophe key and the up arrow key work again.  I like apostrophes.  They make me happy.

Sincerely,
A frustrated techie-novice-turned-junkie

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


To the mean people that lurk online,

Leave my friends and family alone.  Now.  They do not deserve the junk you try to put on them.  Or I will find you.

Signed,
Do you really think I am kidding?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dear NCIS, CSI, Chuck, and NCIS: LA,

Why, oh why, did you have to end your seasons like that?  Do you know what torture I am in now?  Do you even care?  Don't even remind me how long I have to wait for next season, please.

Thanks,
a woman who takes her shows just a bit too seriously


P.S. Who was the smart person who decided to get rid of Numbers?  Not so happy about that one...


----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the local glass company,

Thank you so much for bringing us flowers every week at work.  They make my desk look so pretty.  And they give me an excuse to steal the boss/dads really nice camera to take artsy-fartsy shots like this:




Thanks,
the insurance gal who likes pretty things

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To the Weather:

Thank you for cooperating.  I appreciate it.  Keep it up.  And thanks for keeping Utah in its own backyard, for the most part.  I appreciate it.  Now, if we could just keep your temps somewhere above freezing for consecutive nights, I might be able to do some planting

Sincerely,
Itching to play in the dirt 



Now go visit Julie for more letters that just need to be written!

11 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

I love your letters of intent!! I also want to thank you so much for coming by my blog and entering my giveaways. Your comment was so sweet. Well, i too found a blog in yours that I truly like and can't wait to read more! God bless you and I hope the sickness goes away!

He & Me + 3 said...

That flower is beautiful and how fun that they always bring you flowers. Yuck to the sickness. I hope everyone is better and stays healthy.
My mouse won't scroll up right now. So frustrating.
I am your newest follower.
Mimi

Dana-from chaos to Grace said...

awwww....I LOVE that they bring you flowers!!

Hope your family feels better soon!!

(I'm a tv junkie too....did you know FlashForward was CANCELED?? And HEROES! They didn't even give them a chance to END the show, just STOPPED it mid-season! That's just wrong....)

Foursons said...

Aw, I'm sorry everyone is feeling so poorly! That stinks, I hope everyone gets well quickly and stays that way.

I love my computer too. I don't know what I'd do without it. Actually I do. The convulsions from withdrawls would start almost immediately. *sigh*

Mean people suck.

Love the rose, how nice to have fresh flowers on your desk every week!

Thanks for linking up! I can't believe you are still getting freezing temps. Yikes!

Julie said...

Ah, so sorry about the sickness! We've had that 2 times in the past 2months.

I hear ya on the computer thing. Mine happens when I'm emailing and then all of a sudden it's just gone! WTH!! I have no idea what that is all about!

Coach Mac said...

Yuck to Yuck
Fab Flowers
Whack the Whack(job)
Calmdown Computer
Whether the Weather (although, I guess you aren't really "whethering" since it's so nice) :)

Sheri said...

So sorry about the "sickies" at your house! I think it is a rule that everyone will be sick at the same time, but the whole family will NEVER be well at the same time. If you house is like mine, the sicker mama is, the sicker the kids are, so mama can't rest anyway. Take care, I hope everyone feels better very soon so you can enjoy the nice weather!

McCrakensx4 said...

Oh hoping everyone gets over the sickies and soon...no fun at all! And flowers...nice! I wish I got flowers, even if they were from the glass people!!

Mike, Sarah, and Josh Dombrowski said...

I agree. The fact that Utah is still, in fact, a state, and NOT residing in my nasal cavity is much appreciated.

Rachel said...

So sorry about the sicknesses! Praying for HEALTH!

Susan Mudry-McDaniel said...

Sorry your sick. Also, if you need me to bring in a West Philly beatdown as backup when going against e-lurkers let me know. 'Cause you know West Philly beatdowns cause people to move to Bel Air!