Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, May 30, 2010

30 Reasons I'm Glad I'm .... Twenty-Ten

Oh, c'mon!  Give a girl a break!  It's traumatic enough to be celebrating your ... 1st anniversary of your 29th birthday... I don't need any more grief.


Today is my birthday.  I don't really like my birthday.  I remember liking it as a child, and I'm not sure when it changed.  But it did.  And this year, it has been much worse.   I am dreading turning ... twenty ten.  I don't want to be ... twenty ten.  Ugh.  But, I know I need to have a better attitude about this year, and about birthdays in general.  I don't want my girls to dread birthdays like I do.  And so, I present to you,


The thirty reasons why I'm glad I'm ... twenty ten.
  1. I now have an excuse for the wrinkles.
  2. I will NEVER have to be a teenager again.  Thank you Jesus!
  3. It is ok to wear the underwear that is comfortable rather than sexy.
  4. My hubby thinks I'm cuter now than when we got married, God bless him.
  5. taken by Kristin at Sunflower Eyes Photography
  6. I don't have to worry about getting in trouble for staying out too late because, hey, 9:30 is my bedtime baby!
  7. Ten years ago, I didn't have my princesses.
  8. It took thirty years for God to get through this stubborn head of mine.
  9. I know a lot more now than I ever have.
  10. At thirty (gasp, did I really just say that?!?!), you realize life is about the relationships, not the $$$.
  11. I will be old enough to adopt when God says go (woohoo!)
  12. It is now ok to wear the comfortable shoes rather than the cute ones.
  13. I don't feel so bad when I have no clue who the popular pop artists are.
  14. When people ask me why I don't wear makeup, I no longer feel the need for a deep, involved, spiritual answer.  I can just say, "because it feels gross".
  15. I get to wear the cute glasses I always wanted as a kid.
  16. I am old enough to gross my children out with PDAs.
  17. I am young to gross my parents out with PDAs.
  18. I am old enough to be seen as a mentor to those younger than me.
  19. I am young enough to be treated like a daughter by those older than me.
  20. I get to be reminded of my maturity every morning after a softball game.
  21. I get to wake up next to my best friend every morning.
  22. I get to tuck in the world's greatest kids every night.
  23. I can borrow my parents' vehicle without getting the hour-long safety and friends lecture.
  24. I can say the things to my kids that my parents said to me.  You know - the ones you swore you were NEVER going to say?  Because I said so is my current favorite.
  25. I can use age as an excuse for my frustrating inability to remember names.  Like my kids'.
  26. I have learned I can say no, and that the world will not stop spinning just because I did.
  27. I can play a game just to have fun, not to defeat someone else.
  28. I have realized that building relationships takes real work, and I am willing to do it.
  29. I am perfectly content and capable of making a complete fool of myself in public to get laughs from my kids.
  30. When I have a party on my birthday, it is because I want to spend time with the people most important to me. 
  31. God has allowed me to spend thirty years on this earth.
And now, I am going to go roast marshmallows with a bunch of really great people.  Have a great evening!

13 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

This is such a great list of reasons to love being 30! My biggest reason to not care about how old I am getting is just because I am alive. God allowed me to live another year and that makes me happy.

Coach Mac said...

Ah yes - ejnoy the underwear comment (I see that here as well - even though that someone will be joining the 20/20 group sooner than later)... If I could go back and get my body that I borrowed during my teens, I would...cool post.

Rachel said...

Holy Smokes! Did you just make that up?!?! That was insanely funny and I could totally relate to every single one of them (except, that I'm still waiting for my princesses - the King of the household needs to revoke his decree, LOL).

I laughed and laughed my way through this post - you are a talented writer and your sense of humor just tickles me pink.

I especially loved the PDA ones! Because THAT IS MY LIFE, ha ha ha ha!

Jesus did some really amazing work at the beginning of his 30's - let this be an amazing decade for you. I pray birthday blessings on you as your family and friends celebrate the day you were born!

There are things that God planned ONLY FOR YOU, and ONLY YOU can do them. I am so excited to see what He is doing in your life, and how He is shaping your girls to be strong Proverbs 31 women (someday twenty-ten themselves!)

Girl, we are celebrating YOU. Thank you for being such an encouragement to me (and a prayer partner!) God is good. And gosh I wish I could deafen you by singing Happy Birthday to ya in person! :) hee hee

Jan said...

Happy Birthday Old Woman! Cause as you well know, I am only 25! See you tonight!!!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Ditto to what Rachel just said. You are an amazing woman Tiffany and we love you! And I love the way your nose wrinkles when you laugh! :) Happy Birthday, Kiddo!

Jill said...

Haha! I could write 30 reasons why I love being your friend but it'd take up too much space :) I'm thankful for you. I'm thankful for your sense of humor. I'm thankful for your loyal devotion to everyone you love. I'm thankful you were born. I'm thankful that you're ok being twenty ten in 2010 by the way. That would make me twenty ten four I guess....Hmmm kind of a lot to say....Anyway, I'm just thankful for you dear friend! Happy birthday!

Jess in Progress said...

Beautiful Tiff! Thanks so much for the positive spin on turning 30! I love you and I hope you have a wonderful day today.

He & Me + 3 said...

Can you write one for me in 2 years...I will be turning 40. Certainly there has to be 40 positive things about that right? LOL
Happy 30th birthday!

Have a beautiful Memorial Day!
Hugs,
Mimi

Michy said...

You are so cute! I'm God gave you life.

Julie said...

I loved this post!! Happy twenty tenth birthday!!

Sheri said...

Happy Birthday! I love every single one of those reasons, lol. Life just keeps getting better - and so do we :) Hope you had a great birthday and a relaxing holiday weekend.

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated girl! I love it!

McCrakensx4 said...

What a fun post! I hope you had a great birthday and twenty ten isn't that bad...I am on the downhill slide to twenty twenty...aaaagggghhh!!! Loved your list!