Our lives have been INSANE these past two weeks! So insane that I completely missed out on Rachel's TST! I am so sad! TST is one of my favorites, and I even thought of a great story about the most evil ride at Disney. Oh well, I guess I will just have to save it for next week (insert evil maniacal laugh here).
I even spent a bunch of time one evening last week uploading a ton of photos for new posts, will every intention of filling in the story when I had some down time at work (shh, don't tell the boss/dad). Yeah, we can all see how well that worked.
My amazing, awesome, loving, super, incredible, fantastic, beautiful, lovely, wonderful sister got into town on Sunday morning. Needless to say, I don't really remember anything about church on Sunday morning. All I knew was that I wanted to get out to see her. We got to hang out at my parents' house the rest of the day. It has been so wonderful to catch up, reconnect, and just have fun. 3 1/2 years is just too long to go without seeing her. It has been especially neat to watch Violet warm up to her. This is the first time Violet has met her auntie.
On to the sports section! Katrina had her first tball game last week ( I promise a full post with photos shortly) and was stinkin cute. She has another one tonight, and she will have a full cheering section with the grandparents and the auntie there too. Jerome & I were adopted by another church's co-ed softball team since we were having a hard time getting our old team back together for the year. We played our first game on Sunday, and lost 11-5. I played left-center for the first time in about 5 years. I normally play 2nd. The outfield just looks too big for me. I have also discovered that my "chasing children" muscles are not the same as my "softball" muscles. Yes, I still hurt. I have realized just how out of shape I am. And Jerome had a fabulous men's game last night, although I think he may have broken his toe in the process. We are not sure how it happened, probably a weird play he had running to third. But it is swollen and hurts really bad. He has been taking pain meds for it, which NEVER happens.
We have been so incredibly blessed this past week & a half by our home group. I must say, it is really humbling to admit just how much we were struggling, but then even more humbling to have people give us gifts and encouragement because God told them too. I have always been the one to try to be there for everyone else. It is really different to be on the receiving end of the blessing! But, we are more grateful than words can express.
The girls are growing by leaps and bounds. Last week, Papa got them all Hawaiian hats and, needless to say, they were a big hit!
I keep meaning to do an update post on each kiddo with some of the photos my amazing sis-in-love Kristin took of us a few months ago. I will get to it, I promise. These photos are too amazing not to share.
Understand yet why I called this post Bits & Pieces? Because it is! Hopefully I will be back to full bloggy strength soon. Love you all!







2 comments:
Have fun with your sister! :)
You know ... in order for a giver to get the blessing of giving ... someone has to be on the receiving end!
glad your having a fun {busy} visit with your sister!!
Post a Comment