There is a park in our town that is right next to the river. Almost every time we go, the girls ask to sit by the river. We love climbing onto the boulders and just sitting.
There is something so peaceful about the sounds and sights of a river.

Although any trip to the river must involve throwing rocks.
Even the bright sunlight cannot deter my children from the river.
Or a dirty face from lunch. Because the river does not care if you still have ketchup on your face.
But, mostly, we just sit and watch.
And share a quiet moment together.











5 comments:
Beautiful! I think your girls will remember these perfect sunny days spent enjoying God's creation with their family. I grew up in Maine and from time to time I am drawn back, in my mind, to scampering across rocky beaches with the sound off the ocean in my ears and the feel of sea spray against my skin ... enjoy Sub Sandwiches and Pepsi Free (with lemon) on a splintery picnic table, rolling down grassy green hills, and just feeling purely happy and at home!
looks positively RELAXING!!! I WANNA GO.... :)
Love that river! I used to rollerblade along it...it was fantabulous. Luckily I found a lake in Ames (45 minute drive from me) that has paved sidewalks and I have been crankin it out. When I visit Durango I would like to have a picnic next to the river with you Miss Tiff!!!
Makes me wanna go outside! Beautiful pics.
Okay, now I have to gripe at you (hee, hee). You are a 'no-reply' Tiffany! Tisk, Tisk! ;) That means I can't 'talk back' to you... you can fix this by going into your dashboard (I think under comments ~ I don't remember, but if you want to fix it and have trouble, let me know and I'll help you) and associate an email with your blog. If you don't want to use a personal email that may have your full name in it, you can always set up one like I have "3bubsmom" through one of those free email hosts like gmail or something. Ok, done griping. :D
Anyhow... we already have an 'Avery'... that's Bubba's name. :) All the kids have 'A' names and so do my SIL's 3 kids, so we had to get pretty creative.
I'll post pics of the blankie. I'll also have to find a link that one of my bloggy friends sent me with instructions on how to make a rag quilt. I made one about a month ago and it turned out super cute!
That sounds like a lovely day! I need a "slow down" day by the river, I think that would do me good.
Beautiful girls!
Post a Comment