Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, May 4, 2010

True Story Tuesday - A True Bleger Welcome




You can join Rachel & Mr. Daddy over at Once Upon A Miracle for more *mostly* True Stories!


Actually, I was really having a hard time coming up with a post for today.  It seemed that all the outrageous family stories leaked out my ear over the weekend, and I just couldn't find one.  And then last night happened.  I should have known my children would fill the need.


We met our dear friend Suzi (who needs to blog more) in college.  She is honestly the first black (and it is ok that I call her black - she said so) woman I have really known well.  Although, actually, she is Black, Irish, Polish, Native American, etc.  She calls herself the United Nations for a reason.  The woman simply cracks me up.  She is honest, blunt, opinionated, and passionate.  And I love her to death.


After college, she lived in Japan for a year with YWAM, then moved near her dad in Denver, then on to Philly.  So, really, we have not seen her since Katrina was a baby.  She came to Denver last week to celebrate her dad's birthday, and decided to make a side trip down to see us.  Woohoo!


She got in last night.  We visited while she made us dinner - true Philly cheese steak sandwiches.  Can you say yum?  Basically, you take this:




And lots of this:




Add cheese (which must be Provolone, American, or CheeseWiz), and enjoy.  And were they tasty!


Auntie Suzi taught the girls some new vocabulary (wonky, precious, and that's just wrong just sound so funny when spoken by tiny white girls with a Philly sass accent).


The girls told Suzi that she must have eaten all her veggies as a little girl.  Yes, my "eat your veggies so your boobies will grow big" moment has officially come back to haunt me.


But the true Bleger welcome came after dinner.  I told the big girls to go get ready for bed.  Now, we have already decided that Madison is a tiny white version of Suzi.  And Madi has decided that Suzi is pretty much the center of the known universe.  So, what did Madi do when I asked her to put her pjs on?


She went to our foyer, hid behind the game chest, took off ALL of her clothing, then streaked the living room.


Welcome to Colorado Suzi!


Poor Q was traumatized.  Ok, not really, but she couldn't stop laughing for about 5 minutes.  And, because she was laughing, I was laughing.  And because I was laughing, Madison just kept on running. 


Yes, my daughter will streak a complete stranger.  Should I worry?

5 comments:

Suzy Q said...

Technically I'm not a complete stranger. I'm pretty sure you wouldn't let a complete stranger stay overnight with reach of the cubs. The mama bear in you won't let that happen. Yes I should blog more. Sorry.

Unknown said...

Technically, you were a complete stranger to her until yesterday. No, not a complete stranger to me - strange, but not a stranger. Teehee - DC Talk reference! I love you Q!

Beth Zimmerman said...

Nah! I wouldn't worry! Thanks so much for visiting my blog today and commenting! I'm delighted to have met you and am about to click follow because I do that when somebody touches my heart and tickles my funny bone back to back! :)

Rachel said...

Oh No She Didn't?!?!

I'm only laughing so hard because I can just picture the scene with your poor friend and everyone cracking up.

Make yourself at home, eh? :)

Thanks for the laughs and for linking up!

Kelly said...

That is so funny! I can definately see some character in that little one!

When my son was little he would get naked, streak through the house stop in front of everyone shake his "thang" and say "are you neeekeed?" He was only 2 maybe 3, and I'm not sure where he learned it, but it was hard to stop considering everyone was laughing so hard.