
Oh how I love today's theme! Our backyard is seriously where we spend most of our time. I love the fact that our girls have their own place to run, explore, and imagine.
As I was looking through photo files for this post, I was struck at how much it changes throughout the year.
In the spring, the grass is green, and new, and filling in patches left over from too much snow. The ground is still hard, but perfect for chasing grounders.
Look at that power stance!
In the summer, dear hubby has to search through mile-high grass for all the precious toys before mowing. When the monsoon rains hit, our backyard turns into a jungle.
I LOVE this photo of my precious girls. Katrina was 4, and Madi was 1 when this photo was taken. Fall was in the air, the grass was dying out for the year, and the leaves were beginning to turn. Our swingset has gotten a lot of use in its life.
And, of course, fall is also a great time to learn all about hard work.
Sort of.
In the winter, the sun rises behind our trees every morning and turns the snow-covered yard into a fairy wonderland.
And provides shelter from the storm for our buddies.
This herd of deer winters in our back yard. Every afternoon they make their nest under our trees. They lay in the snow and watch the girls play, completely unafraid. The girls know to keep their distance, but treasure the close proximity of these beautiful creatures. Although we do have to remind Katrina that we can't shoot the big bucks in the winter. We have to save them for next fall.










9 comments:
Wow! Your backyard is AMAZING! Such a great place for kiddos!
Your pictures made me miss the Seasons so much! Even snow!!
Wow! You actually have all 4 seasons! So not fair! Love the deer pictures. We have deer that jump in the pasture and graze with the horses. I love to watch them.
ROTFL about the big bucks! Katrina and JR really are meant for each other. Jason says the same to him all the time! (They're off to try and get a bear again this weekend. Happy Labor Day to me.)
Wow, actual seasons! We have 'Spring,' 'Summer,' 'Spring,' and about two months of 'A Little Chilly.'
Great backyard! I especially like the snow pic. :)
So fun to "walk through" the seasons in your backyard. It's beautiful!! Hope you all are feeling better!
You have the same kind of winter season that we do!
That fall pic made me smile!
The first snow shot sort of got me excited for snow again - just not yet! Last year we were hit with 2 feet on September 14th! Let's hope it doesn't do that again this year!
Sweet Beth - don't you love bloggy friends like that???
You are MORE than welcome! It was my pleasure to share you with my readers!
You have a GREAT backyard! How awesome that the deer winter there! We currently have a renegade chicken in ours! I'm afraid that one of these days I'm going to be greeted by a flurry of feathers and a smiling German Shepherd!
Post a Comment