Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, November 1, 2010

Who Won Coffee??? And Monday Mugs: Halloween

Ohmygosh!!  Ohmygosh!!  Ohmygosh!!  Ohmygosh!! 

I am so stinkin excited about this giveaway!  Know why???



.......




Because someone won!!!!




OK, I'm done being a smarty pants about it.  And thanks to my two awesome lurkers who came out of hiding for this contest!  Michaela&Riley and Laura Ickes, you both blessed my day! 


But, the real reason I am so excited about this giveaway is the fact that the winner and I were chatting via email this weekend about how cool it would be to get together for coffee when I head up to Children's next week with Katrina.  So, according to my wonderful friend, random.org,





the winner of the $10 Starbucks card is ...




Kari - now we really have to get together for coffee!!!!  Email me so we can coordinate! 





Are you in need of a mindless Monday Blog post? Are you struggling to deal with the weekend being over and can't muster the strength to type a single word? Well, Monday Mugs is for YOU! I may or may not "borrow" ideas from IheartFaces and post my interpretation of their weekly theme. Without submitting my photo for judgement and not being forced to follow the rules.
Mondays are hard! Blogging on Mondays shouldn't be!
Today's theme for Monday Mugs is: Halloween
 
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
 
Well, we had a grand time this Halloween season.  We found these great white pumpkins at the grocery store that were just begging for an art project.
 
 


So we busted out our super expensive, art supply house palates (read: cheap paper plates), and went to town!



Little Miss Neat Freak insisted on painting "correctly".




While Thing One and Thing Two were perfectly content to mush all the colors together.





I was serious about the mushing.




And somehow, someone succeeded in painting her lip.




As well as the rest of herself...




Last Saturday was Katrina's school's Fall Carnival.  So our chicken, black kitty, and cowgirl got all dolled up...



...to hang out with a turkey...




... and get fake teeth from the principal.





And Madi made sure to wear her spurs. 



We don't do trick-or-treating because Madi is terrified of pretty much everything Halloween-related.  Even the stuffed animal spiders and bats.  And, really, I don't need that much drama.  So last night we hung out at our neighbor's house for a bonfire.  It was just right. 

10 comments:

HeatherOz said...

ooohhh! The mushed pumpkin is my favorite! We woke up this morning to two of our jack-o-lanterns squished in the street! Your girls look so adorable in their costumes! Our schools don't let the kids wear their costumes to school. I always loved having a costume parade!
Thanks so much for linking up! Can't wait to hear about your coffee get-together with Kari!

Brandi said...

WHA???? You get to meet MY TWIN and my twin gets to meet YOU???!!! SO. NOT. FAIR!!!

That's actually pretty funny 'cause I wasn't sure if y'all were bloggy friends and I've wondered if you were. Well, it just doubles my reasons to make a trip to CO someday! :)

The girls' are too cute in their costumes!

Rachel said...

Oooh - you just HAD to rub that in... that I didn't win the coffee, but someone else won it AND gets to meet you. OUCH! hee hee!

I'm sure you guys will have a great time - congrats Kari!

And those pictures? SO CUTE!

But you forgot to put them up on the sidebar again *hint hint*!

Jan said...

Does the chicken costume come in my size?! I want! I love!

Amy said...

So stinking cute! I could just eat your kids! They look so cute all dressed up! Is there anything better than the messy fun of painting???

Totally jealous about Kari getting to meet you....sigh.... all in time though, all in time! Our day will come (in August when Rachel comes to Colorado to go horse back riding) and it will be FANTASTIC!!!! Lets get to planning girls!!! LOL I am with Brandi though.... SO.NOT.Fair! *big sigh* now that my tantrum is over we can all move on with our lives!!!

Angie Vik said...

The pumpkin painting looks like something my kids would love. I'm highly allergic to messes so don't do fun things like that very often. Our paint bottles last a long time. Your girls are blessed that you let them paint. Love those art palettes.

Kameron said...

Trick or treating or not, they looked cute! My neice is like that. She'll be 5 in Jan and we still have to carry her is she sees anything scary or skip houses that have anything scarry outside!

Rachel said...

YES! They're back up on the sidebar!!! Whoo-hoo!

I am still cracking up at Vivi painting her punkin... cuz Violet sure likes Violet! :)

Excussez moi - must go sigh over the sidebar again :)

McCrakensx4 said...

fun fun fun! Love love love that rooster costume! so very cute! and painting pumpkins was always fun when the kids were little...now they like the mess!

Foursons said...

I love the differences in your girls. I have 2 boys JUST LIKE THAT. Hahaha.

The costumes are adorable and I wish I could skip out on Halloween trick or treating. I guess I need to freak my kids out next year so they're to scared to go.