Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Betcha didn't think I could top yesterday's post!

Oh, but I can!


The wind has been terrible here the last few days. The dust, pollen, and other allergens have been whipping around like crazy. And with the allergy/lung/asthma issues in our house, that is not a good combination.


Well, we have all been miserable. So, last night, we decided to throw everyone in the shower/bath before bed, just to get all the yuck off so that hopefully we could have a better night's sleep.


Katrina is big enough to take a shower by herself, which she loves. So, after filling up the tub for the little bits, we sent the big girl to take her shower.


Jerome & I were in the kitchen cleaning up from dinner when we heard that horrible phrase...





"Mommy, Violet pooped in the bathtub!"





Seriously? We looked at each other, mentally gauging which of us was going to be blessed with the joy of clean up duty. We entered the bathroom to the sight of Madi calmly informing us of the nastiness (had it been Katrina in the tub, there would have been screaming, crying, and/or climbing of walls). Violet was in the tub, surrounded by her evidence, not bothered in the least. I think she actually enjoyed the fact that she bothered her sister.



Well, by this time the big-un was out of the shower, and investigating the situation. Her thoughts were, "Mom, I am so glad I took a shower!" So am I, sweetie. So am I.



The benefit to having all girls is that when this happens, I get to be the one to take them into our bathroom for a detoxifying shower. That means Jerome gets to clean out the tub. He was already gagging by the time I had the girls in the shower.



Madison screamed through the first half of the shower. She HATES water on her face, and that pretty much defines a shower. Violet laughed at her. Sometimes I wonder if she does stuff like this on purpose just to torture the dramatic big sister.


About halfway through, Madison realized that her skin was not going to fall off, and the end of the world was not imminent. She actually started to enjoy herself. But, right before we got out, she grabbed little sis by the shoulders, looked straight into her eyes, and admonished her seriously by saying, ...



..."Violet, don't ever do that again!"


Chalk another one up to only my children!

3 comments:

Jo said...

OKay I think Madison telling Violet to never do that again is the best.

Rachel said...

Oh my word... that was funny from beginning to end. Sorry! I am that older sister with a little sis who "made a mess in the tub"! And yes, there was screaming, and a certain long-legged girl was found dripping wet with one foot on either side of the tub.

This was just hysterical!

Sommer said...

Poor Maddy! What's funny is that this is just the beginning of a truly legendary rivalry.