We're back! We had such an amazing time this weekend. Even though I came home with a cold. Apparently my immune system did not appreciate going from Colorado Indian Summer (70 high/45 low) to Utah still-summer (95 high/70 low).
We left after work on Friday. The trip from Durango to Halls Crossing should take 3 1/2 hours. Ours took four. I took a wrong turn in the dark and tried to take us to Mexican Hat. Never heard of Mexican Hat? No worries - you're not missing much. About 5 miles down the road I figured we were going the wrong way (had to be a God whisper, because it was DARK). We turned around and got back on track. So what is a weekend at Powell like? Well, since this is True Story Tuesday, ...

It is true...
...that my dad bought snacks at Sam's Club
... which delighted the bottomless pits.
It is true...
... that we rocked the boat shoes all weekend
... that Madison completely enjoyed her role as navigator.
... that Katrina is now addicted to the bumpy front seats.
... that this is not my parents' boat. What happened to their boat, and whose boat is this?
Stay tuned...
It is true...
... that our kids hiked a mile to see the famous Rainbow Bridge
... the same bridge I remember swimming under as a kid. The lake levels have dropped that much.
It is true...
... that Violet had a grand time making mud pies
... and Madi learned proper sand castle construction.
... that Grandpa is a great splashing teacher
... and a worthy water fight opponent.
It is true...
... that Violet can sleep anywhere
... that Madi started to overcome her nervousness around water
... and Katrina left her mark.
It is true...
... that my parents' boat spent all weekend trailered at the little trailer we "camped" in
... because the boat shop that was supposed to get it all ready for this weekend failed to put oil in the outtake (no, not a clue what that means. I only know it's bad.) and completely tore apart the engine. We're talking over $3,000 worth of repairs. Mom and Dad have an appointment with the boat shop tomorrow.
The boat in the photos above? A rental. Our boat broke literally minutes outside the marina, the first day Mom & Dad were there. They spent that entire day (Wednesday) trying to figure out what was wrong with the boat. Thursday, they hung out on the shore near the marina, but apparently Dad was grumpy because he was at the lake, not on the lake. So Friday, they rented the boat, in time for the grandbabies.
It is true...
... that Katrina got to open her birthday presents at the lake in the sweet trailer we "camped" in (much better than a tent)
... that we made use of the new "facilities" on the lake
Yes, that is a floating porta-potty. Totally rocks, if you ask me.
... that I think I found our Christmas card photo for this year
... that I was in awe over the majesty of God's creation
Can you see the boat in this photo?
It is true...
... that this houseboat costs more than my house
and about $1500 to fill up with fuel.
It is true...
... that we got to ride the ferry that goes from Bullfrog Marina to Halls Crossing Marina for the first time
... that we kept all the kids from getting sunburned right up until the last minutes
... that the only time my over-protective Mommy instincts kicked in was when the littles were looking out the porthole on the ferry
... that we had an amazing weekend.



























11 comments:
Oh that was an amazing true weekend! LOVED the pictures! :)
What a great way to blog about your adventures! Love the pictures. We missed you guys like crazy but I'm so thankful you had a wonderful time. You guys deserved and still deserve (since you're leaving again...)time away. :P
Looks like a fun trip. How neat that you got to vacation with your parents. I liked the way you told the story. Memories are fun to make.
Oh wow. That looks like such an awesome trip. I am jealous! Love the pics of God's miracles. I stand in amazement. I saw the boat too.
So fun! I'm gonna have to go myself now!
FUN FUN FUN. Beautiful. Love that you call the kids bottomless pits :o) That photo of the rock wall reminds me of The Truman Show!
Glad you had fun. Sorry you got a cold. We're still in the 80's during the day here - but nights are cooler and when we sleep with the window open (always) we always wake up with a tiny sore throat!
Loved this post!
Now that looks like a fun filled weekend...
Thanks for linking up...
Oh no no no no about the boat! So sorry! But glad y'all had such a fun time on the replacement!
That truly sounds like a memory-making trip for the girls especially... how sweet!
And I am still cracking up over the floating porta-potty!
those scenic pics are just WOW!!!
so beautiful
looks like a great trip...that stinks about your mom & dad's boat though :(
I'm so glad you guys had such a great time! And major bonus that you got a xmas card photo!!
Wow, that place is just amazing! Great pics!
Post a Comment