Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, September 6, 2010

Monday Mugs: Summer Recap

Go visit Oswald Cuties for more Monday Mugs!  Because Mondays are hard! Blogging on Mondays shouldn't be!
 
 



What a perfect way to publish all the summer adventure posts I have had sitting and collecting dust!  Beware, this is a photo blitz!


Our summer started off with a bonfire and marshmallow roast Memorial Day weekend.  Memorial Day was also someone's birthday, but since said person turned 30 and was generally avoiding having a birthday, it was a Memorial Day weekend bonfire instead.  I have no idea who that person was.




And now Rachel can't say that I dont' put photos of myself on here!  We ended up having about 50 people all together. 


Katrina became an expert roaster.




And Violet consumed her body weight in marshmallows.



And because I was running around like a chicken with my head cut off trying to keep children from falling into the fire, my dear sweet cousin Heather, who had come up for the weekend with her guy Tony, took, those beautiful photos for me.



This summer also brought our family's first venture into organized sports.  Kat played tball, with Daddy as coach.  For one game, they got to play on the big kids' field.


They had the teams line up for the national anthem, just like the pros.





My adorable third-base gal, who actually fielded the ball without losing a shoe.




They got to sit in the dugout.





Look at that swing!





We had a wonderful, surprise visit from my bloggy & IRL friend Michelle, who had the nerve to move all the way across the country.  Sheesh!




Kat participated in our church's VBS sports camp, and had a wonderful time.



We spent the majority of our evenings in the backyard.  Swim gear optional.





We took our circus to the Shriner's Circus, and had a wonderful time.






We all agreed these guys, who balance each other, ride the motorcycles, and sell the programs and candy, were our favorite.





On the 4th of July, we got our faces painted





and watched the parade with Grandma




and got rides in Grandpa's Shriners car.






We spent a lot of time at the park this summer,




goofed off,




and celebrated a very special 4th birthday.




We also proved that Mommy & Daddy can get dressed up in something not covered in food particles or bodily fluids and stay nice for longer than 10 minutes.




We did so much this summer, but I'm not ready for it to be over yet!

7 comments:

Shana Putnam said...

Wow. It looks like you all had a wonderful summer full of memories. Looks like so much fun.

HeatherOz said...

Whoa! You guys DID have a great summer! You and your hubby look so great all dressed up! The last time I got dressed was about 2.5 year ago, just before I found out we were pregnant with Daisy! I haven't been able to fit in my "nice" clothes since then!
Thanks so much for linking up, especially with the holiday!

Jan said...

I love the shriners cars and I love how excited jerome's face looks next to you in your sexy dress!

Kara said...

I love the pic of Violet with the smores! Just look at those round eyes! Must have been a great summer. :)

Angie Vik said...

I'm visiting from heather's blog and have enjoyed looking around. We have lots of girls in our family too. Some days my poor husband hides out in his room. Your pictures are fun. Looks like you guys enjoy yourselves. I really like the one of Katrina holding a roasting stick.

Hyacynth said...

Oh, you two look so nice!

And how many marshmellows would one tiny girl have to eat to have eaten her weight? Because that's a lot of white fluff!

Michy said...

I feel so very honored to have made your blog!!! I couldn't believe my "hey can I stop by to say hi?" was answered with "yes come and eat steak". This worked all day long and have 3 precious girls to take care of really has it together!!! :o)