Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, September 16, 2010

Letters of Intent

Its Friday and time for fun!!!  Have some letters that just need written?  Head on over to Julie's for more fun!




Foursons



Dear Friends/Followers/Fellow Book Nerds,

I had so much fun participating in my first ever Read It Forward.




Foursons


I love to read, and I love to share books with my friends.  And so, I am pleased to announce the winner of these two fab books:



... as decided by random.org



There were 5 comments, but 2 of those comments opted out of the contest.  The winner is...



So, not only do I get to give away my first RIF books, but I get to give them to an IRL friend as well!!!!!  Woohoo!!!!  I will give you your books the next time I see you, and you will get to pass them along as well!

Love,
The totally excited book nerd


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Dearest Four-Legged Backyard Creatures,






You do this to torture me, don't you?  Roam around my backyard for weeks in the fall, getting me all excited for hunting season.  And then you disappear, just when I am legally able to shoot you.  Not fair, woodland creatures.  Not fair.


AND STOP EATING MY FLOWERS!!!!






Even if you are still a baby.


Sincerely,
Cleaning my rifle

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Kat,

What were you thinking?

You are not a dentist.

I do not care how wiggly it was.

I do not care that she was really happy about it.

We do not pull the teeth of our classmates.

Please?


Love,
The mama who is getting used to apologizing for weirdness


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~


Lovely Lake Powell,



You are so wonderful, so peaceful.  I have so many great memories from my childhood along your shores.  Katrina had her first camping experience with you. 




And so did Madison




And even Violet



Although Violet was in utero.  It still counts, right?

And, yes, because I love you all so much I voluntarily posted a photo of my giant prego self. 


Anyways, Powell, we are bringing the girls for another visit this weekend.  Please make the weather cooperate.  I would love for my girls to build the same amazing memories with my daddy that I have.

Sincerely,
Cannot wait to be out of cell phone range






15 comments:

Rachel said...

I am still cracking up over the tooth-pulling assistance, LOL!

And I *love* the preggo picture! I happen to think women are beautiful when they're expecting!

And the deer... Mr. Daddy saw a big ole' bull TWO DAYS before bow season. He is still complaining about the timing...

And I nearly hit a 2x2 buck with my CAR yesterday...

Great timing - you start the Read It Forward and you WON!!!

Ashley T said...

Ugh, I suck this week.. how did i miss your read it forward! I'm headed back to read it. Love your preggo picture, you guys are so cute!

Foursons said...

Oh my gosh, the tooth pulling thing is HILARIOUS! She's got spunk, that's for sure.

The deer in your yard better start finding a new lawn to eat. Hahahaha

Enjoy your camping trip. Not only did you post a picture of yourself pregnant, but you were in a bathing suit too! You looked great and you are much braver than me!

Thanks for linking up!

Jan said...

I'm convinced Katrina and I are on the same wave length. (Except for her being outdoorsey and sporty) I,too, pulled a friend's tooth in 1st or 2nd grade! (Then we had to "smell the wall"...that was our punishment in the olden days.) Obviously I still remember it, so it must have been pretty thrilling. Way to go, Katrina!

Jo said...

What... I never win anything. Fun; I am exited to read something new and different and then pass them one. Have fun in Powel!

Teresa Dawn said...

I miss camping! Haven't gone in years.

Anonymous said...

Never a dull moment with kids is there :).

I like deer but then they don't ever come in my yard. Have fun camping!

{Kimber} said...

wait? she pulled ANOTHER kids tooth at school?! baaaaaaahhhhhhhaaaaaa she was just trying to help MOM!!

Shell said...

toothpulling? too funny!

Amy said...

Hey, no one said that woodland creatures were stupid! LOL I hope they stick around this year so you get some good eating! There is nothing better than deer cube steak, rice and gravy! YUMMY!!!!

I cannot believe that she pulled another kids tooth! BWAHAHAHAHAHAH! At least you are getting accustomed to apologizing! LOL

I hope your trip is A.M.A.Z.I.N.G! I am sure you will have a great time! Can't wait to see some pictures!

He & Me + 3 said...

Congrats to the winner of the read it forward. Timing is everything...those deer know when hunting season begins...they are there to taunt you. LOL
Love how you signed that letter.
The tooth letter is hilarious.
Happy Friday!

Michy said...

I was at Lake Powell 5 weeks ago and fell in LOVE!!! Enjoy!

HeatherOz said...

Could we borrow Kat for a little bit to help my boys pull out their teeth? They have THE LOOSEST teeth and their Dad and I are too freaked out to help them pull them!
Have fun in Lake Powell!

Brandi said...

NOOOOOOOOO! LMBO! Cleaning your rifle?! You couldn't possibly shoot that helpless creature... could you? I mean, bears that invade your campsite, sure. But, a sweet little deer? ;)

I'm w/Heather. Send Kat over here to pull the boys' teeth. I HATE loose teeth. G-R-O-S-S!

And, Lake Powell. Wow. Take lots of pics... looks totally amazing!

McCrakensx4 said...

Have so much fun relaxing and chilling out...no I'm not jealous at all...ok,maybe a little bit jealous!