Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, September 28, 2010

True Story Tuesday: The Poop Chronicles Continue

Please don't tell me I am the only one with those "Seriously?  This could only happen to us!" kind of stories.  You know you have them.  Write one up, and go link it to Rachel & Mr. Daddy.  Don't make me feel bad.  And, in case you have missed our other adventures in bodily functions, feel free to go here and catch up.  But be warned.  I will not be held responsible for throw up on your computer.









This week's TST post is courtesy of our very own Violet, and the weekend marathon road trip.


Friday we drove literally all the way across the state to go visit Jerome's brother & his sweet family.  The kids did really well, considering we had a 7 year old, a 4 year old, and an almost 3 year old in the car for 9 1/2 hours, and bladders the size of marbles.


We were about an hour from their house, cruising along the interstate, when Madi exclaimed that she needed to pee.  Now, with Kat, we have some time.  Madi?  We go to Defcom 3 and make a mad dash for the nearest restroom or bush, whichever is closer.  And that is when I saw the sign from Heaven.


Image Courtesy Google Images


Since it had been a long day, and since it is very NOT FAIR that Daddy gets to go potty all by himself now, he lovingly offered to buy me caffeinated goodness whilst I wrangled the girlie buns in the restroom.


Madi & Kat did their business, and I set about to change Violet's pull-up.  Yes, she is potty training.  And has been.  And for some reason developed a fear of any toilet without her "squishy seat".  Fun times.


I do not enjoy pull-ups.  But, we deal.  And I really hate putting my child's skin against a public bathroom floor, so I thought we could get away with a standing change.  So, we got her shoes & pants off, and started to take off her pull up. 


She lost her balance and sat down.  As she stood up, I noticed a tiny poop streak in the pull-up.  No biggie, I thought - we just need to sit on the potty of doom for a minute to get the poop out. 


And that's when I realized she was trying to go Star Trek.


You know, Klingons?  On Uranus?


And there was a pile of poop on the S*arbucks bathroom floor.  Apparently the entire Klingon empire decided to wage war against me.


I love my children.


Madi screamed because the super-power-suck-your-butt-down-the-drain-flusher scared her.  Violet cried because I made her sit on the potty of doom to get the rest of the poop out.  Katrina cried because she was tired and just wanted to be at Uncle Adam's house.  I wanted to cry because I succeeded in smearing my child's poop on my pants while trying to clean the poop off the floor.


I was amazed CPS wasn't at the door when I opened it. 


I gave Jerome the "you are so dead even though this isn't your fault" glare as we herded the minions to the car.  We vowed to NEVER return to that St*rbucks.


But, really, Kat put it best.  She said, "Daddy, you owe Mommy SO much coffee for that one!"

8 comments:

Brandi said...

... And now he owes me some coffee too. LOL!

Girl, OMGoodness! Too funny! Oh, don't you know, my poor hubby has been the recipient of those same glares. With Bubba, I realized real fast that the squishy seat MUST always travel with us. ;)

Amy said...

That is so not funny.... but oh so funny at the same time! I am so sorry! Not gonna lie... I would have taken one kids at a time while the hubby sat in the car with the other two! You are too brave sometimes! I just started using Pullups on Lula Mae when we go out and about... I hate them too. But it is much better to just have to slip a clean one on her now that she is much too big for any changing station. Much more sanitary! Take that seat with you next time girl! Don't be silly ;-) Glad you at least got a nice treat for "going potty" although I am sure you didn't even get a chance to pee yourself! LOL

Rachel said...

Oh girlie... I hereby nominate you for sainthood. I dub thee Saint Poopicus.

I am so, so sorry! We have an entire bodily-function series of lengends in our family too - I feel your pain.

That was snortingly funny the way you described it - just because it sounded like absolute mayhem with all three kiddos freaking out. Are we far enough past the original incident where you can kinda sorta chuckle instead of throwing a (poopy) shoe at me?

Thanks for linking up - you're a special friend to humble yourself like this :)

Anonymous said...

That is a good one. I wouldn't go back to that Starbucks either.
Your daughter is right you did derserve so much coffee after that one!!

My kid only wants to go on a squishy, too.

Jennifer Haas said...

I am visiting from Once Upon A Miracle, and I am your newest follower too!

That is such a crazy story. I could totally seeing that happen to us too by the way. I bet a lot of our stories are similar.

Shana Putnam said...

Oh honey I am so sorry. I feel your pain. We had a pull up poop party at the park today but let me tell you I was glad I put one on him in case we couldn't get to a bathroom. It was an explosion because Daddy gave him full strength juice lol. Not nice and he is so gonna pay.

HeatherOz said...

That is so funny! Right?
Love the Poop Chronicles!

Glimmerchick - Unplugged said...

OK. So I am laughing so hard... giggling actually. I am SO glad that I am not the only mother on the planet that deals with poop issues. Poop. Wiping poop. Smelling poop. I've had just about enough of it. And the "trio" meltdown and the "glare" description. Perfecto. Been there. Love you. Thanks for sharing your funny story! :) lv, Jen