Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

TST: Best Date Night Ever!

My hubby knows the way to my heart.



He took me to one of my favorite spots.





where you can look out over the golf course,





up to this beautiful stone picnic building


which I have always thought would be an amazing spot for a wedding (without the ugly picnic tables, of course).




We stood, and watched the snow roll into the valley,






and put up with my desire to play with my new camera by taking random photos of waterbottles,





and windows,





and sunlight,






and budding tree branches.





Then he took me to the library, where he has a key to the secret room.



The secret room is where they pull all the books that have been donated that aren't going into the main collection.  Every month, he takes boxes of these books to a storage unit, where they sit until the library's book sale every summer.



The benefit of volunteering to drive books across town?  If he sees a book he wants, he can have it.  And when you have this many books to choose from:



you are practically guaranteed to find something you will love.  I did.  I am really into Vince Flynn books right now, in case you were wondering.




By this point in our date, I was hungry.  And my man knows that a hungry Tiffy is a grumpy Tiffy.  So he took me to the new smokehouse in town (the one all the boys have gotten to go to, but all of us girls haven't) to get me a shrimp po'boy and crawfish bisque soup.  Nom nom!




Want me to look for anything for you the next time I'm in the secret room?



13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love secret rooms :) Any old Nancy Drew or Hardy Boys? I have *almost* the whole collection, but there might be a few I don't have :)

Ashley T said...

Oh my, I love it! The pictures are great and the food looked delicious! Yummy!

Jan said...

Where's the new smokehouse?!

Heather said...

What a fun date. Books and food and pictures. How can you go wrong.

(That food looks amazing..much better than my lunch.)

Rachel said...

Am I the only one who worried about which direction this TST was going to go when you mentioned a locked secret room? I got seriously worried for the content rating on your family blog, hee hee!

(What the heck, throw in a couple of Shana's crabs and you've got yourself a mighty entertaining story, LOL!)


Sounds like an awesome date... and BK already beat me to the Hardy Boys and Nancy Drews!

He & Me + 3 said...

What fun. That is a beautiful place to go to. I love that stone picnic building. gorgeous. Oh the book room. :) What an awesome treasure. I would love to look through all those books. My model loves the babysitter club books.
That soup looks wonderful too.
What kind of camera did you get?

Shell said...

That sounds like a wonderful date!

And that book room? Oh, that would be so wonderful!!!

Sandra said...

That is a perfect date! Your husband needs to speak to my husband!

Foursons said...

Oh my gosh, I am SO jealous of the secret room! I'd love any chick-lit. Sounds like a great date and you ate one of my very favorite meals.

Angie Vik said...

I'm glad you had an enjoyable evening with your hubby. The pictures are all good. I love the one where you're looking out through the stone window. I hope he didn't mind you taking pictures on your date. I also love free books.

TIFFANY said...

I would love to have a key to that room!

Dawn said...

What a fun day! And what a crazy place we live that you could get pictures of so many kinds of weather in one afternoon. Nutso!!

And a secret room at the library - oh, my!

Heather said...

Hm, that stone building is beautiful and would make a good wedding spot. (Sans picnic tables of course.) Not that I care about such things...

If you're really offering, I doubt that they get any of these, but I have a collection of Old SciFi books from the 50s/60s when they were doing the strange acid trip style covers. If one should float across your path...