Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Thursday, April 7, 2011

Another Random Bullet Point Post

Because I have a lot to say, but none of it flows together enough for a "real" post.



  • I found a place (courtesy of some awesome church friends) in town that services sewing machines.  I dropped mine off on Saturday, and it was ready the same day!  Before, I had to drive an hour to a certain state whose drivers give me hives, leave my sewing machine at the only place that would touch it, wait a month, call them to see if they got it done yet, hear some sob story about how the repair guy's grandmother's aunt's sister-in-law's dog walker had something tragic happen and he hadn't gotten around to it yet, wait another month, then call them to find out it was ready three weeks ago but someone forgot to call me.  Needless to say, I am very excited about the prospect of sewing again.  And the fabric in this store is AMAZING.  Ok, I need to stop with the virtual drooling now.

  • I got my tires rotated.  I always feel like such a stud when little old girlie me walks into the tire shop with all the burly auto men and tells them exactly what I need, and they treat me like I know what I am talking about.

  • This sidewalk annoys me.  Sidewalks should be a straight line.  Not all curvy. 

  • Madi and I are positively itchy to get our garden going this year.  But considering the fact that we live in CO where it has been known to snow on the 4th of July, I think I will wait until Mother's Day to do any planting.  Sigh.  Madi requested squash.  Only my child.

  • I went to S*bway to get lunch and they were out of meatballs.  Really?  That completely threw my day in a whack because the only sandwich I have gotten from there in the last 5 years is the meatball. 

  • I cleaned popcicle, kool-aid, and pee off my floors within the last 24 hours.  I'm telling you, the life of a mom is nothing but glamour.

  • The fish at our office were constipated this week.  I had no idea fish could be constipated. 

  • My husband shaved his head this weekend.  I think he looks hot.  He is also coaching Kat's Little League team this year.  They are the Red Sox.  All the coaches have to be in uniform with the team this year.  Which means baseball pants.  I love my husband in baseball pants.  It's going to be a good summer.

  • Boss Man & Boss Lady are in LV for a conference this week.  Which means Boss Man is forced to behave himself in classes all day while Boss Lady gets to shop and lounge by the pool.  Which means we get to listen to whatever music we want at the office.  Which means I get to hear Garth Brooks and Toby Keith from one office and Metallica and Cyndi Lauper from the other. 

  • That is all.

12 comments:

Lou said...

no meatballs? what kinda subway is that?

Rachel said...

Okay - this post is just too funny not to go back and read each point again to comment on :)

YAY for you on the sewing machine place! Now you can come over here and teach me how to SEW! :)

Ah yes... such a feeling of empowerment to have a wee bit of knowledge in what is typically a burly man realm. I assume you create quite a stir with your hunting stories too, no? :)

Curvy sidewalks are fun for kids on bikes. Not so much for deaf people who try to lipread and walk at the same time. Any bets on how many times I'd injure myself "falling off the sidewalk"? LOL

(Sorry, I totally made myself snort)

Lots of great squash recipes! And they are fun to grow (maybe she just loves Veggie Tales?) If you grow zucchini, I'll give you the best zucchini bread recipe ever...

Out of meatballs? The travesty!

I hear ya on the floor liquids. Add Play-Doh to the carpet and we're practically twins.

Constipated fish? I don't even know what to say. And I'm not sure I want to know HOW you know?

Whoo-hoo for shaved heads! Much cleaner blog fodder than shaved buttocks! And I'm looking everywhere for those cute baseball pants for a 4-year-old!

Enjoy your conference week!

Jill said...

I've always wondered about that curvy sidewalk....

I've never wondered about constipated fish however...I have to ask, though, how did you know they were constipated?

Anonymous said...

I need to get my sewing machine fixed... I miss having it! I use my mom's old one, but it's slooowwww.

Ha, I love it!! That's why I love feed store. March in there and order up some horse/cattle feed, maybe a ton of salt blocks... Macho girl we be ;)

Ooooh I love the curvy sidewalk!

My mom is getting her garden going, we're using old stock tanks with rocks in the bottom. Don't know what we're planting yet...

Yuck, meatballs. I get Italian BMT most of the time. Mmmmmmm

Oh yeah, being a mom is sooo glamorous. Geez.

I did know that about fish. I used to know what to give them to... help.. hehehe

I like guys with long hair actually...

I LOVE RANDOM MUSIC! I have everything between Shania Twain, George Strait, the Goo Goo Dolls, Breaking Benjamin...
Maybe some Rihanna thrown in the mix...

yeah, I'm totally copying Rachel. Hi, Rach ;)

Miss. Jinny said...

Okay so first off you crack me up...

How in the world did you know that the fish where constipated??

You made me lol really loud with the whole its going to be a good summer because your husband has to wear baseball pants... that is just TMI lol

How was there pee on your floor along with popcicle and kool-aid???

Oh and I so agree with you about the sidewalks they never made sense to me either... Maybe you should sent it in to the newspaper and ask!! :)

I love you and thank you for the giggles this morning!! :)

Miss. Jinny said...

Oh and seriously Rachel and BK made me giggle reading their comments as well :) hehehe

Beth Zimmerman said...

I'm with Rachel ... how on earth do you know that those poor fish were constipated?

I think Madi and Mallory are related. She LOVES vegetables (me ... not so much)! I was making sauteed onions, peppers, squash, asparagus and mushrooms the other day and she walked in. "Oooooh! Is that asparagus?"

You are too funny! I love that you love to watch him walk away! LOL!

Jo said...

All I can say is I am laughing! Thanks for the smile today friend.

Bethany said...

Oh. My. Stinkin'. Gosh. I just about peed my pants. Of course my f-i-l just fixed red kool-aid that was all over Hope's shirt ($.10 at a garage sale) when I came home from homeschool co-op today. I think you jinxed me. Either way you are hilarious.

And I agree with Rachel. Every single point deserves to be commented on, but after reading her and almost peeing again, I don't know if I have anything worthy to say. ;)

Baseball pants = hilarious. Love a good married couple public flirtation. Your man is lucky to have you.

How on earth do you know the fish were constipated. I have a few comments that come to mind, but I'll be good...at least until we know each other better. Oh, and who had to clean out the fishy poo?

Subway should give you a free sandwich. Or two. Or for a year. Meatball is the only sandwich there worth eating. in my humble opinion of course.

Madi has good taste. What kind of squash are you going to plant? You could plant pea pods. They like cold.

Props to you on schooling the tire shop guys. Did the shot gun help convince them?

I can't wait to see what you sew. I have zero talent in that area.

Dawn said...

I love random posts - must be why I do them so often!

I'm with everyone on the constipated fish - this is one area where we NEED more information --

Subway - never tried the meatball. I'm not crazy about Italian anything. But love the turkey/ham on 9 grain. But it an odd thing to run out of!

I kinda like curved sidewalks in parks, but absolutely do not understand the curved street they put in that takes us to our house - that causes people to run into the decorative three-foot stone fences between the sidewalk and the street - the city has to "fix" the fence over and over again, and don't do a very good job. They've not put a 20 mph flashing light now, hoping it helps. I doubt it.

Foursons said...

Fish get constipated? Who knew?! And what would make one have the need to figure it out?

The curvy sidewalk cracks me up. Rachel is right- great fun on a bike but I'm cracking up that she falls "off" the sidewalk. Mostly because I do too but I don't have a good excuse.

I think you need to post pictures of the baseball uniforms. Just sayin'.

Angie Vik said...

I first thought you said you had your "trees" rotated. ???? Then I reread the sentence and realized I had goofed, which is a good thing because I've never heard of rotating trees.

Love your random post. I have many moments like that where my brain feels like a ping pong ball as I bounce around from subject to subject.