Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, April 8, 2011

Letter of Intent: Girlfriend Advice

Foursons




To my bloggy girlfriends (and guy friends with hair opinions):


I am in serious need of some advice here.  I am donating my hair to Locks of Love next week.  I am pretty sure I will have the minimum 10 inches, but it will make my hair fairly short.  I will have NEVER had my hair this short.  I need some votes.  My sweet hairdresser gave me a couple of books to thumb through, but I just can't make up my mind.  Please take a look & let me know what you think!  And just so I don't get in trouble, all photos came from the Inspire Hair Fashion hardback collections.


Option 1:
I like this because it is fun & funky, but I worry about how much time I would have to spend making it look fun and funky every day.




Option 2:


 This one is really soft & sweet, but I have done this hairstyle before, only a bit longer.  And bangs tend to annoy me.




Option 3:


I love the angular look on this one.  I can see how I could style it both straight & curly (I have very curly hair when it's short).  But, again, the bangs.




Options 4 & 5:


I could easily see wash-and-go with both of these.  #4 (top) is the more angular & edgy, while #5 (bottom) seems more gentle and flowing.  However, I am concerned about the possibility of looking like a mushroom cap on those rare days when CO decides to have humidity.




Option 6:


This is, by far, my favorite so far.  Maybe it's because there are 9 different photos of the same hairstyle, shown both straight and curly.  I can see all my options!  I love the layers in the back with the long bangs that I can tuck behind my ears.  However, I am concerned by how much time it will take me in the morning to not look like I stuck my finger in the light socket.



I am not kidding here, friends.  I use hairspray/gel maybe half a dozen times a year.  I have NEVER colored my hair, although I am slighly considering it. I need help.  Tell me what you think.


Humbly,
The Girlyness-Challenged One



Have a letter that needs to be written?  Go link up with Julie for more LOI fun!

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK so I am a blog reader, I don't comment much...but, I love #3 and #6!! They are similar.

Go for longer bangs and they will not bother you as much. You should have a little color put in for fun and flair!!

I work with Pediatric Cancer patients...locks of love is such a great organization.

I'll be watching for pictures of your big debut.

Lou said...

YOU ARE AMAZING!!! they would all look great on you i love the second one!!

Jill said...

Hmmmm...I love 2 and 6. You may need to invest in a flat iron though :) They're really easy to use and nothing to be afraid of! Just leave your bangs longer. I don't think either style has to have annoying bangs. Make it YOUR style! I can't wait to see the sassy hair to match my sassy friend!

Oh and if you want to color your hair I'm your woman! I'd love to help pick out a color and help you do it. I think you'd look amazing! Although I think you're already quite beautiful and amazing :)

Jo said...

I vote for 6, and I agree that you should go with longer bangs no matter what style you pick. I would also say no color - but I like your current hair color.

Bethany said...

six, six, SIX!!!! I fell in love with that before I even read your comments. That would look fabulous on you. As far as no hairspray/gel? Just get some and make your life easy in the morning. You don't have to finish drying it. Just smoosh a little in and go.
I'm not super girly-girl either. But I do love mousse for quick and easy hair days. Not every day though. When I did Locks of Love I just got some headband (the elastic kind) that didn't look kiddish and went with that until I could get back to my comfy everyday ponytail look. :)
I can't wait to see what you do. Even if it's not six, though it should be. ;)

Megan said...

I love # 6. Can't wait to see how it turns out!

Beth Zimmerman said...

I adore #4! And I was all ready to say "anything BUT #6" when you said it was your favorite. Sigh. Maybe I'm just old-fashioned. Or maybe I'm just old! :)

Kimberly Beach said...

4-5
With your courser hair, it will well and with little work - your favorite!

Foursons said...

I love the last one the best! #6 is it? With all the ways to style it I don't think you can go wrong.

Thanks for linking up first today- I thought today was going to be a wash for link-ups. :)

Oh, and post pictures after you get your hair done!

Rachel said...

I love that first one... probably because it's the one that I know would never work for my stubborn hair, ha ha! But you could do any of those hairstyles and leave the bangs long enough to tuck behind your ears, right? #2 would be the wash-and wear one for me...

And yay for you with Locks for Love! I'm growing my out again for the third time :)

Kristin said...

#6!! it would be super cute on you, & no bangs :) this is pretty much how my hair was the summer after I had Pax, except mine was a bit shorter. So, I know from experience, you can spend as much or a little time on it as you want to...but I would recommened a good hair pomade kind of thing that would give it easy texture & help with the possible frizz issue. i have a super-easy-to use one I can give you the name of if you want it :) hooray for drastic haircuts!! you must be channeling me ;)

Angie Vik said...

Whoa! Maybe it's a generational thing, but so far I'll be the first one to cast a vote for #5. The first one looks like a lot of work. Like one of those hairstyles that only looks good the day you get it cut.

I like #2 and I don't like #6. But if you choose #6 I will like it because I like you. I know this will probably come as a shock, but I don't think you should color your hair. You have such a nice color already.

Not sure if all these responses are helpful because you've gotten a bunch of different answers. Wish there was a website where you could upload your face and try different hairstyles on your head before actually taking the plunge.

Jan said...

First of all, CO has no humidity. EVER! No seriously, EVER! Humidity is not a worry. I like #4 it reminds me of Alice in Twilight.

HeatherOz said...

I like #6. So many different ways to do it. I can't wait to see which one you choose!!!