I'm sorry, I know I'm beating this thing over the head. Y'all are going to get really sick of hearing about this trip.
But, I don't think I truly realized just how much this place means to me until this weekend. And how much I love it.
From canyons that that twist and turn for miles,
to natural bridges that could only be formed by the hand of God,
to the expanse of blue sky that stretches forever,
everything about this place echos of the Creator.
He has held this sliver of cliff up for as long as I can remember.
He makes plants grow on the side of a canyon wall.
He knew Tapestry Wall would someday be my favorite place to fish and water ski.
He knew that Warm Springs Canyon would hold a special place in my parents' hearts.
He knew that my favorite place to spend an afternoon rain storm would be at the very end of Warm Springs, where the rains pour down the cliff like a waterfall.
He knew I would smile every time I caught my first glimpse of the deep blue waters.
He knew how badly I needed this weekend to get away. He knew the turmoil in my heart and mind. He knew I needed the quiet.
So many times this weekend I could hear my Daddy whispering to me, "See? I made that just for you. Because I love you." I was grateful we were riding the waves, so my tears could go unnoticed. There was no way to stop the overflow of emotion.
My Daddy loves me enough that He thought of me, eons ago, when He was creating this canyon. My Daddy loves me enough that He gave John Wesley Powell the adventurous spirit needed to discover this canyon. My Daddy loves me enough that He created the technology and the engineering capabilities, and the minds to build the dam that created this lake. He loves me enough that He put the desire to start boating into the hearts of my parents when I was only three. My Daddy loves me enough to make my favorite childhood memories take place on this lake. My Daddy loves me enough to give our family the means and the time to be able to get away to my favorite place.
Do I think He did all this only for me? That I was the sole reason for the creation of Lake Powell? No way!
But I know my Daddy was thinking of me that entire time, through the entire process. I know He was thinking of this weekend, when I would once again crawl to my sanctuary, desperate for His touch.
And I am so thankful.














12 comments:
It is so beautiful and you are right. He was thinking of you then and still is.
what a beautiful place and a wonderful post. I am so amazed at the work of the Father's hands. Awesdome.
"Beating this thing over the head"??? Nay, I say! Bring it on!
Those pictures are breathtaking - and I love that He spoke to you through this time of refreshment and restoration. That you were able to see His loving hand in those creations.
Thank you for this beautiful post my friend!
Pretty sure I'm not bothered one bit by the stories or the gorgeous pictures. I'm so glad you were able to see this weekend as a gift from God. All of His creation declares His majesty. And you, my friend, are His creation and you display His glory and majesty. So thankful for you!
Ah, so beautiful! Last summer when we drove through CO and WY, all I could think was how can you look at THIS and not believe??!! Stunning.
WOW...you were right about these being WAY beautiful!!
I am so glad that you got to get away. Sometimes we need that. I loved the pics. I can't wait to see you this weekend! TTYL Sommer
Wow...what a beautiful place, Tiffany. I've never been there. Just amazing. He truly is the "Creative Creator"!!
Amen. Fantastic my friend. So encouraging! The love our God shows us is indescribable! So glad to hear that you had a very refreshing trip!
Great pictures. I've never been to Lake Powell but I'll need to put it on my wish list. It's neat you mentioned about God blessing you through His creation. At Bible Study Thursday night the topic was the attribute of God being a creator and what that means for us. I like to be reminded that the God who made our world out of nothing in six days and has kept it running for thousands of years is the same God who loves me and works in my life and my family's life. Like the chorus says, "Nothing is too difficult for Thee."
It is such a beautiful place! I am just so glad that you had such a great time!
What an amazingly beautiful post...both in thought and photography.
Post a Comment