Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Thankful Thursday... More Random Thoughts from My Head

I know, I know. You were just thinking, "As if her thoughts weren't random enough?" But sometimes, my brain does work on themes. And, sometimes it doesn't. Today is not one of those days.

I have stared at this post since yesterday, trying to find a rhyme or reason for it. A theme for today's thankfulness. But I can't. I am having the biggest case of writer's block I think on the face of the earth. My brain has turned to mush.

It's not that I have nothing for which to be thankful or grateful. I have plenty. I am surrounded daily by reminders of God's incredible love for me - people, places, things that He puts in my path simply because He loves me. I have a roof over my head, a husband who loves me, awesome kids, food for the table, a car to drive, a job, a family, friends, extended church "family". And so much more.

I have a Creator who loved me enough to send His son to die for me. I have a Savior who loves me enough to call me friend. I have a Spirit to walk me through my day. I have a Daddy who never tires of my conversations with Him, however repetitive they may seem to me.

Maybe that's why I'm stuck. When you really stop to examine all that you have to be grateful for, it can be overwhelming. When I truly examine all I have been given in this life, the only response is to drop to my knees in humble gratitude. I don't deserve all I have been blessed with. And yet God continues to pour our His grace and mercy on a daily basis.



He gives me wonderful gifts, like a mother-in-law I can call friend.





A daughter whose curiosity is only matched by her personality.




A husband constantly searching for God's best plan for our family.





Time to enjoy the simple pleasures of life.




A daughter who is so little and so grown up all at the same time.





That my baby no longer has to look like this...





... but is now healthy and able to play like little ones should.





My life is filled with times, places, and people for which to be grateful. Satan tries to make it far too easy to focus on the negative - to focus on our faults, others' faults, our insecurities, our worries, our fears. That is not how God intended us to live. He intended for us to be free from the prisons we create in our minds. To be able to live fully in Him, fully in the moments that set our hearts free. Choose to live in that freedom today.



































1 comment:

Jill said...

Amen. Well said. It's very overwhelming to think of everything we can be thankful for. What a blessing that is! You did a great job. Love reading your thoughts. They bless me!