Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Friday, September 3, 2010

Letters of Intent:

You know you want to head over to Julie's for more letter-writing fun!



Foursons




Dear Wonderful, Awesome, Beautiful, Intelligent Blog-Dominator Julie,

Please, please, please don't stop the Read It Forward carnival!!!! 


Foursons


I know you threatened last time to get rid of it, and it made me so sad!  I am so sorry it has taken me forever to get my rooty poo in gear and link up with it, but I seriously have books picked out for THE REST OF THE YEAR!  I could probably give away books for the next five years, but...

Anyways, please don't abandon RIF yet!  I am so excited to send books to new bloggy friends!

Pleading,
The insomniac who uses books to mask the sounds of her husband's snores and sleep-talking

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Rachel,

Ok, everyone in blogdom is talking about how summer is over, and how excited they all are for fall.  And I seem to remember you saying that True Story Tuesday was taking a SUMMER break.  When is it coming back?  Please say soon!  I have so much to share.  Like the time I ..............  And then when Jerome ...................   And of course the girls....................

Please, please, please bring back TST soon!  I have way too many posts in the "saved draft" phase waiting for me to click the publish button.  It is making my anal brain very unhappy, you know.

Begging,
The woman who is thinking she may be developing a slight meme addiction


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dear Weather,

Behave yourself this weekend.  I am aware of the fact that it is now officially September.  In Colorado.  Which means that pretty much anything can happen. 

However, we are going camping this weekend.  In a tent.  In the mountains.  With three little girls who don't have much fat on their bones.  And if we have to leave early, or I hear a ton of whining because YOU decided it would be fun to snow, we WILL have words.


Just Sayin,
Can't fit anything else in the mini-van rocket ship and am pondering tying the children to the roof


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~


Dearest Children,

I am so excited that you are all excited to go camping this weekend.  Especially because you aren't afraid to to outdoorsy stuff like shooting guns (Katrina), fishing and gutting fish (Madi), and generally getting dirty (Violet).  But, please, just remember that if we see a bear, it isn't like the Rocky Mountain Chocolate Factory bear we tackle downtown. 

Just repeat after me: We do not tackle live bears.  We do not tackle live bears. We do not tackle live bears.


Love,
A Mama who will be packing heat this weekend, just in case

12 comments:

Brandi said...

Girl! DB snores and it drives me INSANE. What he does is really worse than snoring in my opinion. Really LOUD mouth breathing. GAH! I couldn't take it anymore last night and I had to reach over and shake him so he'd stop.

Hope y'all have a great time camping! If the bears are smart, they'll stay far away!

Jan said...

It rained all night for JR's tent campout last weekend. He thought it was the most wonderful thing ever...Jason, not so much. ;-)

Foursons said...

Read It Forward will continue! I have Beth from A Work In Progress who is going to help me out with it. :)

Yes Rachel- let's get TST rolling again. Please and thank you.

Funny how you are worried about snow while you are camping this weekend. I can't decide if I should take the boys camping because it may be to hot. Amazing the difference a few states can make.

Thanks for linking up!

Beth Zimmerman said...

The first summer Josiah went to camp I was devastated because it rained all week. I kept praying for sunshine and it kept raining. We went to pick him up and I said I was so sorry it rained all week. He wanted to know why in the world THAT would bother me! Playing in the rain and mud was GREAT! Silly boy still likes rain storms! Anyway ...

I hope you have a LOVELY weekend with no rain, snow, or live bears! Or snoring! Where in the world did snoring come from?

Shana Putnam said...

Ahh, I love books so much. I do understand the snoring. hubby has sleep apnea and it sucks. I always jab him and make him turn over onto his left side.
I miss reading everyone's TST also.

He & Me + 3 said...

Omgosh you are too funny. We do not tackle live bears. Heck no...run! LOL
loved your letters. I hope Rachel brings back true story tuesdays too.

Amy said...

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!! Sleeping between Jayce (who farts and sleep talks) and the Hubby (who snores in any position) I fell ya! Plus I still have a monitor on Lula Mae who sleep talks and sings....so it is quite noisy in our house at night! LOL I hope she listens to you on the RIF. You need something to keep your sanity!

Yes, I too need to share a few stories so come on Rachel!!! HURRY UP!!!

Have fun camping! Ummmmm yes, no tackling bears. Or any other out door creatures! Oh be careful would ya!

Julie said...

Loved reading your letters. You are one funny chicky!! And here's to an amazing....WARM...camping trip!! I find that bears enjoy a juice box every now and then...just throw em' one and they will be on there way! True story!

HeatherOz said...

I'm scared now! Please don't see ANY bears, Please don't see ANY bears!!!! Have fun!

Anonymous said...

I like read it forward too! Yes, run away from bears run fast.

My daughter sings at night and Hubby snores. So does the cat too snore that is. Then if R sleeps with us she kicks. Hopefully, you can get some rest soon!

Rachel said...

Your girls are the bravest ones I know! No wonder you need to warn them about the cuddly bears :)

And never fear, TST is coming back! I was just a little despondent for awhile when everyone else seemed to be on vacation and the links were shrinking, LOL :)

Have a great camping trip! Come back with some TST's!

McCrakensx4 said...

I hope you are having a super fun, not to cold, bear free tent camping weekend in the mountains! How fun! We ♥ CO!!