
Today, Kat & I get to take a road trip.
A new state, a new city.
"Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged, for the LORD your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
A new hospital, a new round of doctors.
More tests.
"I can do everything through him who gives me strength." Philippians 4:13
She is excited. We are staying in a hotel that serves breakfast AND has a pool. I am officially the coolest mom in the known universe.
She is excited to be alone with me for 3 days. To have adventures together. To meet new doctors who will, in her words, "help me 'cause I can't do it by myself."
"Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." Hebrews 11:1
I don't see an adventure. I see a hospital. I see more tests.
I see a long road.
I see a possibility that could affect the rest of her life.
"When I am afraid, I will trust in you." Psalm 56:3
All of a sudden, I don't want to be the mom. I don't want to be the one in charge. I want to curl up on my dad's lap and let him face the monsters. But I can't. This time, he is the grandpa. It's his job to spoil her.
"Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid." John 14:27
And just like he did for me, so many years ago, it is now my job to fight the monsters for my daughter.
To be an advocate, to explain, to hold her hand.
"I will be a Father to you, and you will be my sons and daughters, says the Lord Almighty." 2 Corinthians 6:18
And to let our Heavenly Daddy hold both of us.
* For more PYHO stories, visit Shell at Things I Can't Say.





13 comments:
Is Katrina okay? What kind of testing do they have to do? I hope she is okay! Tell her that I said hi and I hope that the rest of the family is okay!
Praying for you... it is okay to not want to do any of this... I did not want to either. Love you all!
Your daughter has a wonderful outlook on it. We parents worry.
Sending prayers that everything is okay.
Safe travels to you!
Many prayers for you and your sweet girl!
You will do an amazing job for her, I know you will. I am praying that these doctors will bring answers and good news to you both. This road may just be beginning for Katrina. God WILL see you both through it dear! He will! Cling tight to those words from God. They will bring you comfort and peace beyond what I can friend. Enjoy your precious moments alone with her. You will make memories that you will cherish forever :-) Big hugs honey!!! Love you both bunches!!!!
Tiff I am praying for you!! Praying for God's wisdom to flow through you as well as the doctors. Praying that the doctors eyes, ears, and hearts will be open to you and Nina, that they will hear what is going on and that God would give them the wisdom and direct on how to heal your sweet princess. I am praying for peace for you as you are the advocate and that God's unfailing peace and love will flow through you. You are an amazing mom and WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE!!! I love you my sweet friend!!! Please tell Nina that I am praying for her and thinking about her. Let her know that I love her bunches and miss her even more!! ;)
Somehow I must have misunderstood. I thought the last round of test brought relief. I'm so, very sorry. I know this too will be redeemed, but while you are walking this difficult path I will walk beside you in prayer.
Praying for you friend and sending hugs your way.
The Lord is on your side.
There is nothing more powerful or comforting than to know that HE is working on your behalf... and He knows Katrina's body better than any doctor. And He knows your mother's heart better than any friend.
Love you and continuing to pray.
O Tiff! Want to hug you! I love this song by Hillsong United, maybe it bring you comfort too:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX12vnPX60s
We are praying that God will bring answers. Please tell Katrina that we love her lots.
I love you lots too sister. Let me know if you need anything.
Praying for you guys! So sorry that illness and concern are still darkening your days! So glad that you know the Lord and can lean on Him through this hard time! Love you!
You are so strong, and I am amazed at the gift that God has given you with your words. He knows where we are at, and He is carrying us. His peace will get us thru. Love you more each day and what a blessing our girls are.
Post a Comment