When we went in Saturday night, I asked Super Realtor (love this nickname, by the way - it just may stick) to bring my laptop. Of course, I also asked him to bring my exercise pants, a pair of athletic socks, my tennis shoes, a tshirt, and my pajamas. I got his exercise pants, one of his dress socks, a pair of my fuzzy socks, and a sweatshirt. Whatever. At least he remembered the laptop.
I don't sleep well in hospitals. Heck, I have trouble sleeping at home! And I learned from our first stay with Violet that nighttime can be pretty boring for Mama while baby is trying to sleep. So, while Violet tried to get comfortable and catch some zzzz's between all the beeps and boops and whooshes, I hopped on FB to catch up with the world and let my brain unwind.
And that is when the trouble began.
I guess it started innocently enough. Rachel (who is NEVER on FB, by the way), posted about their adventure of the day:
Now, I'm sure you missed the most epic part of that post. Go look at the number of comments.
No, that is not a typo. We discovered how to use the comments as a 5-way IM. Genius!
Of course, after a long and stressful day, my snarky meter was WAY off the charts:
My other friend Shana jumped in the fray, but her snarky meter was just a little tired that night, at first:
Really, only Shana could say something like that and have it seem completely normal. But, we still needed to know WHY IN THE HECK THERE WERE TEETH IN HER DRIVEWAY!
At this point, sweet nurse-man Jeff snuck in the room to check Violet's temperature and vitals.
Mr. Daddy, Rachel's hubby, must have wondered what all the snickering was about, because he jumped into the fray:
And then we discussed the finer points of target practice with 22s:
Seriously, what husband, given that wind-up, would not swing straight for the fences? Mr. Daddy delivered a home run:
And, we have all learned one thing from the times Mr. Daddy hijacks their blog. Don't get that man on a roll. Cause it's gonna be dangerous!
At this point, Rachel was red beyond belief and trying to do ANYTHING to focus the attention away from her:
Oh yes. Mr. Daddy won a gift card from a blog giveaway. To Dress Barn. And, if you would like to see Mr. Daddy "modeling" his final choices, you can simply go here. Don't worry, I'll wait. It's worth it.
So, we all had a good giggle at Mr. Daddy's expense. And then one of us had to pee.
No, really. Shana has crabs. Real ones. You can look at photos of them here. And if you're a crab person, they really are quite cute. But, because Liz hadn't seen the crabs, they became FB friends so that she could see the crabs. Weirdest conversation ever!
And, really, it didn't seem odd at all that Mr. Daddy randomly chimed in with an outhouse anticdote. But then Rachel took it down a whole other road:
And apparently, once Mr. Daddy found out that we ALL knew his buttocks were unshaven, he became a spoilsport and made Rachel go to bed.
Fuddy duddy old man.
Yes, this conversation lasted 2 1/2 hours, had almost 1100 comments, and covered just about EVERY random subject known to man. I do not remember the last time I woke up with sore abs from laughing. And my phone, which receives all my FB notifications, refused to work. Apparently I made it think too hard the night before.
But, thanks to three crazy ladies (and one nut of a man), my night at the hospital was anything but boring!

Want to read Rachel's side of the story? Or more stories that are just so nuts they have to be true? Go





14 comments:
Glad you had such a good distraction while sitting in the hospital. Next time someone needs to call me and tell me to get on FB!
Is it bad that I have re-read this and I still die laughing e.v.e.r.y time? ha ha ha ha ha!
You forgot the "Saint Pee-picus" nickname ;)
And Jules needs to give one of you girls her phone number (for the rare occasion that we all hit FB at once), because it sure can't be me trying to call her, HA! Can you imagine?
"Hi Julie - this is Rachel - I can't hear you so just listen. Go get on Facebook RIGHT NOW."
(And then Julie's husband hangs up and thinks he was crank-called).
Love ya girlie! Thanks for the entertainment!
Oh my goodness this seriously made me cry I was laughing so hard!!! :) You guys are crazy thank you for sharing!! ;) Made my day!! :) hehehe
Tiff that was so hillarious!
Wow...1000 comments! I can't even imagine! So thankful you had some fun, interesting, random entertainment. :)
Shoot, I hate I missed the partay! ;) Too funny.
That is a powerful lot of crazy comments!
Oh man, it was so funny and I am still cracking up every time I read it again. Hilarious.
rachel's comment is killing me right now. She is so right though lol.
Ok...I saw the beginning comment on FB but missed all the fun. You all are a hoot.
Sounds like lots of fun. If laughter is good medicine, you should be covered for quite awhile.
I just may have to develop a FB addiction so I don't miss such things in the future! Glad you had such a wonderful distraction while at the hospital!
Question #1: Why is Rachel not on my facebook?
I mean really, I feel a little out of the loop here!
That was the FUNNIEST story to read! You people are so crazy! I love it! Glad you had some "company" while in the hospital! LOL
I read it on Rachel's blog. Hysterical. What a fun time!! I love laughing like that....
Post a Comment