Last week, Kat & I went on an adventure. And while I was struck by the beauty and irony of snow-capped peaks rising from the desert,
Kat was far more interested in watching her movies and eating my trail mix.
I was flooded with memories as we came upon the cliffs outside Moab.
The same cliffs I eagerly looked for on trips with my grandparents as a child.
That first night, after a 7 hour drive and a long swim in the hotel pool, Kat was ready for some zzz time.
The next morning, this sight greeted us on the way to our appointment.
For this girl, there is NOTHING like sunrise over snow-capped mountains.
The next day, before we headed home, we had to go see the Great Salt Lake. While I found it ironic to see a giant mining mill located on the shore of the lake (and the base of the mountain),
Katrina was more interested in documenting the sparkles of her new ring in the sunlight.
We saw the Great Salt Lake,
and agreed that is really wasn't all that great.
I guess we are spoiled by Lake Powell or something.
Although we did think all the sailboats docked for the winter made a very pretty shot.
But, by far, the most exciting part of the road trip for the Princess was our pit stop to the happiest place on Earth. No, not Disney. I still have nightmares induced by a certain evil ride of doom. The happiest place on Earth is, of course:
where Kat conned the sweet, older man running the cafe out of a stack of coins for the target range, just because she was so cute.
And no trip is complete without feeding the fish. Because they would have died if we didn't feed them.
My favorite part of driving 14 hours in just over 72 hours was finding the most amazing wings restaurant on the side of the highway in Middle of Nowhere, Utah.
Katrina thought it was fabulous because they had an amazing activity sheet and had popcorn on the table. She is such a discerning critic, after all.





5 comments:
Holy giant buckets of trail mix!!! I could SO travel with y'all. Something about being in the car on a long road trip makes me super hungry! ;)
I'm glad your trip was filled with some good things!
And would you believe that our Cabela's is so popular that they removed the fish food because the fish were getting TOO FAT????
Scrooges.
But that shooting gallery is such fun!
What pretty pictures of the mountains!
And that trail mix.... LOOKS SO GOOD! Can Brandi and I tag along on your next trip???? YUMMY!
Hahahahahah glad you two had fun shooting and feeding the fish. Too funny! And yes she is DARN cute... and looking a bit to grown up I might add.... STOP THAT GROWING PLEASE!!!!
Popcorn on the table AND a fabulous sparkly ring....Yep, perfection!
Awwww. I didn't know you were going to Salt Lake. The pic of the mountains almost made me cry. That is where I am from and my Mom had to move back there just a few months ago. I am DYING to visit!! Did you go to Primary Children's?
Post a Comment